There are 196 users in the forums

NFL Network Just Ranked Us

Shop Find 49ers gear online
They Have Vikes 8th...9ers 9th..Eagles 10th..thats lovely so early in the season...but early is the key word..i think the d will b there all year tho...any thoughts
[ Edited by mac9er on Sep 22, 2009 at 5:02 PM ]
9th?!

yay for a good beginning of the season! after sunday we'll know if we really are a top-10 team
we're 13th on ESPN

link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=3

vikings are 5th
  • Luca
  • Veteran
Next game will be a great test, to check were we stand.
we're getting some respect now and it's nice to see I live in Maryland and work in Delaware, all I have heard from fans around here is how good they think the 9ers are looking this year. I had a guy say to me today that he felt our Defense was on par with the Ravens/Steelers.
how can anyone respect rankings that are changed so much each week. Its pretty much a red flag they have no idea what they are talking about.

If they are going to move us up about half a dozen spots after a win, guess what they are going to do after a loss?
I'm glad to finally see us ranked ahead of a sorry ass Cowgirl, Lambs and Seachickens team!!!! But....I'd also like to start seeing our WR's make more of a contribution to the offense and not just 50 yr old Bruce, EVERYONE. Who agrees???
Originally posted by job2436:
I'm glad to finally see us ranked ahead of a sorry ass Cowgirl, Lambs and Seachickens team!!!! But....I'd also like to start seeing our WR's make more of a contribution to the offense and not just 50 yr old Bruce, EVERYONE. Who agrees???

I agree, our passing game isn't hitting on all cylinders right now. If we are going to scare teams, we have to make them defend the whole field. Sooner or later we will have to open it up. Whatever became of Morgan?? He has been a non-factor so far.

We won't go far on just a good, if not great Defense and Gore..

But it sure is nice that we have returned to the top 10!!!!

This week is going to be a really big litmus test for this team. Going against a team with a stout run defense is probably going to force Raye to (hopefully) open up the offense a bit more.

The 10 am start, Pacific time, is going to be an underrated aspect as well. I know we won a couple of game at that time last season - Buffalo and St. Louis - but this game is against a contender.
This has gotta be a dream. Not used to not seeing us ranked 27th or something like that.

Love the respect, but the realist tells me the league still doesn't know who the Niners are and this ranking is a bit to high right now. If we beat the Vikings, on the other hand, bring on the premature crowning!
Originally posted by matt49er:
we're getting some respect now and it's nice to see I live in Maryland and work in Delaware, all I have heard from fans around here is how good they think the 9ers are looking this year. I had a guy say to me today that he felt our Defense was on par with the Ravens/Steelers.

Smart fans there in Delaware and Md.
Originally posted by dbdublin:
Originally posted by matt49er:

Smart fans there in Delaware and Md.

Thanks!

• Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by chico49erfan:
we're 13th on ESPN

link: http://espn.go.com/nfl/powerrankings?year=2009&week=3

vikings are 5th

Quote:
don't overlook Shaun Hill. He's 9-3 as the 49ers' starter.

haters
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
Originally posted by job2436:

I agree, our passing game isn't hitting on all cylinders right now. If we are going to scare teams, we have to make them defend the whole field. Sooner or later we will have to open it up. Whatever became of Morgan?? He has been a non-factor so far.

We won't go far on just a good, if not great Defense and Gore..

But it sure is nice that we have returned to the top 10!!!!

The o line and Hill happened to the receivers.
Share 49ersWebzone