LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 289 users in the forums

Willis vs Curry

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Somebody on here asked me last week about my opinion on who the better LB was. Willis or curry. I gave the politically correct response by saying that it was too soon to tell because curry had only played one game and willis has been around for a couple years now. But I just want to say that without a shadow of a doubt, on sunday, willis was the better linebacker. He made plays and curry made mistakes. Props to your guy. He will definately be one of the best linebackers in the game for years to come. Look forward to seeing your team at qwest field.
I already Knew!

you can't put curry and Willis in the same category anywayz

your comparing a proven guy to a non proven guy.

It's more fair to put like curry vs. haralson.

Everyone should know WILLIS>CURRY
Originally posted by Hawksfan81:
Somebody on here asked me last week about my opinion on who the better LB was. Willis or curry. I gave the politically correct response by saying that it was too soon to tell because curry had only played one game and willis has been around for a couple years now. But I just want to say that without a shadow of a doubt, on sunday, willis was the better linebacker. He made plays and curry made mistakes. Props to your guy. He will definately be one of the best linebackers in the game for years to come. Look forward to seeing your team at qwest field.

let me say, glad to see a seahawk fan here, and i loved Curry coming out of Wake, actually would of loved him.

I think its rookie mistakes, honeslty, had Hass been healthy fully, then it would of been a much closer game IMO.

But it'll be a fun yr, and i think it'll come down to SF and SEA for Division championship.

My concern for Seattle is Hasselbecks health, and whether Tatupu and Hill stay healthy, your D is a really good up and coming group. It takes time tho, but i can see both SEA and SF making the playoffs in 09, i dont see the west as bad as people say. But thats me.
Curry will be a monster. I don't doubt that.

However, for now and probably years to come, it's safe to say Willis > Curry.
Cheers to that and I hope your right. If the hawks don't get healthy though it might be a one team race. We are picking up this year the same way we left off last year. Only difference is that none of the injuries we have so far are season ending.
Cheers to that and I hope your right. If the hawks don't get healthy though it might be a one team race. We are picking up this year the same way we left off last year. Only difference is that none of the injuries we have so far are season ending.

I don't blame you for posting here. I've seen that Seahawk fan board. It moves about as fast as Oprah after an all you can eat buffet.
You know hawks fan....it's never too late to get on the Niner bandwagon!
Originally posted by verb1der:

Rams fans offered me the same deal. But I have been going to hawks games since I was 2. My grandparents used to always take me and I spent a whole lot of time at the kingdome growing up. I was hooked way back then. Can't change that now. Its in my blood. I started taking my kids to watch games when they were two also. Their first game was falcons vs hawks and we ended up beating them. Now I try to get my kids to the stadium at least once a year. They love getting their faces painted and being allowed to yell as loud as they want. Thanks for the offer, but it simply can't be done.
Willis no contest.
I have to say that Curry, for his second game, is playing both fast and smart. He had a couple of times were he could have nailed Hill and I think Gore at the sidelines, but risking a possible personal foul, and just grabbed them and ran them out of bounds. Now if this was anyone on the cheap shot Cardinals they would went at their knees, but Curry already has the smarts which is a big step in getting league wide respect.

I'd imagine in time we will see quite a few Pro Bowl starts next to Willis in his future.

Originally posted by verb1der:

Rams fans offered me the same deal. But I have been going to hawks games since I was 2. My grandparents used to always take me and I spent a whole lot of time at the kingdome growing up. I was hooked way back then. Can't change that now. Its in my blood. I started taking my kids to watch games when they were two also. Their first game was falcons vs hawks and we ended up beating them. Now I try to get my kids to the stadium at least once a year. They love getting their faces painted and being allowed to yell as loud as they want. Thanks for the offer, but it simply can't be done.

Gotta respect the loyalty. The funny thing is the Rams fans offering u the same deal. As if now would be a good time to become a Rams fan all of a sudden. LOL
Funny game pics

You guys might enjoy a couple of these. Its from a hawks fan site. They are poking fun at our performance in the game.
  • MikeyVnutz
  • Info N/A
not even a question... willis is the best in the business... maybe a reasonable comparison is willis vs ray lewis.. curry will be good but he looked like a rookie last sunday
Thanks man, i already knew willis was better but i can see why youd want to give some love to your guy. hes definitely going to be a very good player. good luck man, except for the second game you play us lol.
Funny game pics

You guys might enjoy a couple of these. Its from a hawks fan site. They are poking fun at our performance in the game.

those are great man, and i am so glad to see other teams fans here that are classy as you.

And trust me we have some classless fans of our team, just gotta know how to weed them out, lol.
Share 49ersWebzone