There are 248 users in the forums

Power rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Jax49er:
they fail to include gores injury in the ranking.

with gore we would have won that game. without him we "should" have won.

I still rank us ahead of the vikings despite the loss.

they are keeping the steelers up at 7 and blaming their 1-2 season on polamalus injury.

why cant we blame the loss on gores injury and be rated as a 3-0 team?

we still haven't beat a truly legitimate team. We beat Seattle and Arizona, and lost to Minnesota. Beating St. Louis will not improve our ranking. If we beat Atlanta and Houston the following week, that will bump us up a bit!
Originally posted by SJniner7:

they are keeping the steelers up at 7 and blaming their 1-2 season on polamalus injury.

we still haven't beat a truly legitimate team. We beat Seattle and Arizona, and lost to Minnesota. Beating St. Louis will not improve our ranking. If we beat Atlanta and Houston the following week, that will bump us up a bit!

Maybe not technically as it's reflected in the standings but we're talking about "Power Rankings" which are based on W-L, perception, and opinion. "Moral victory" falls into the perception category.

So while we haven't actually beaten a legitimate team, we demonstrated that we are more than capable of doing so—on the road.

I'm not saying we should be higher or lower. I'm just explaining the thinking. I will go on record, however, and say the Vikings are overrated, IMO.

Did the Vikings "beat" a "legitimate team" in your opinion?
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:

lol really. That might be to dumb quote of the week.

No, not really. I think they are overrated as well as others on here

No, not really. I think they are overrated as well as others on here

Ok, so the Niners and the Vikings are overrated, then?

What do you consider a legitimate team? Minnesota made the playoffs last year and Arizona was in the Super Bowl. We lose to one team with 2 seconds on the clock and beat the other on the road. How are Atlanta or Houston any tougher?
this is from don banks power rankings

San Francisco 49ers (2-1)
I covered a 49ers game last week for the first time since 2003 -- didn't really miss much, did I? -- and I came away impressed. They're a better team than most people know, with Shaun Hill leading an 80-yard go-ahead touchdown drive in the fourth quarter, Vernon Davis finally playing like the beast he looked like at the Scouting Combine, and the 49ers defense showing toughness and tenacity. In the end, they just got Favred, that's all. It happens. But the 49ers aren't frauds. They're real.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/09/30/week.4.2/index.html#ixzz0Sd0Tcz8w
Get a free NFL Team Jacket and Tee with SI Subscription
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

What do you consider a legitimate team? Minnesota made the playoffs last year and Arizona was in the Super Bowl. We lose to one team with 2 seconds on the clock and beat the other on the road. How are Atlanta or Houston any tougher?

If we beat Atlanta, we're definitely for real.
Originally posted by B650:
Originally posted by LifelongNiner:

If we beat Atlanta, we're definitely for real.

Doesn't matter.

It won't matter until win the Super Bowl.

No one cared about the Rams until they WON the Super Bowl. Until then, everyone considered it luck.

Its going to take a Super Bowl to erase the stink of the last 6 years.

Its always going to be about "next week we'll know" until we win a Super Bowl.

i think the saints are the best team in the NFL
I don't buy into the power rankings much, but I must admit, as a niner fan in western pa it's nice to see us ranked above the steelers. The only thing I hate more than the steelers is their bandwagon riding fans...
ravens at 7.....
Originally posted by JoeCool031619:
I don't buy into the power rankings much, but I must admit, as a niner fan in western pa it's nice to see us ranked above the steelers. The only thing I hate more than the steelers is their bandwagon riding fans...

Dude I soo feel you on this one. I'm a diehard niner fan since 1990 from northern PA and for some reason I see more steelers paraphenalia than ever. Wagon Hoppers maybe. f**king bumpers stickers, shirts, signs you name it everywhere.
Originally posted by JoeCool031619:

The only thing I hat more the Steeler bandwagon fans are Cowboy bandwagon fans
Share 49ersWebzone