LISTEN: 49ers Offseason Musings With Legendary Columnist Mike Silver →

There are 131 users in the forums

Power rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by valrod33:
this from SI power rankings

San Francisco 49ers (2-0)
If I were in the same room with all 32 starting quarterbacks in the league, I think I could quickly recognize 31 of them by face. But I'd have to use the process of elimination to identify Shaun Hill, the 49ers starter. And that just doesn't seem right for a guy who's 9-3 as San Francisco's starter since late 2007. But I'm covering the 49ers game at Minnesota this week, and I plan on getting a good, long look at Mr. Hill.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/09/23/week.3.2/index.html

11 in the SI rankings...thats progress. should crack top 10 if the niners beat the vikes this sunday..then again favre is a niner killer time to change that...

[ Edited by ninerfreak on Sep 23, 2009 at 1:46 PM ]
Originally posted by ninerfreak:
Originally posted by valrod33:
this from SI power rankings

San Francisco 49ers (2-0)
If I were in the same room with all 32 starting quarterbacks in the league, I think I could quickly recognize 31 of them by face. But I'd have to use the process of elimination to identify Shaun Hill, the 49ers starter. And that just doesn't seem right for a guy who's 9-3 as San Francisco's starter since late 2007. But I'm covering the 49ers game at Minnesota this week, and I plan on getting a good, long look at Mr. Hill.

the power rankings have varied from 9 to 13 from different sources. NFL Network has the 49ers ranked at 9, ESPN has them ranked around 13. So I will take it. Before we know it we will be top 5

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/don_banks/09/23/week.3.2/index.html

11 in the SI rankings...thats progress. should crack top 10 if the niners beat the vikes this sunday..then again favre is a niner killer time to change that...

Yeah, it's just on paper, but some positive news...at least someone upgraded us after a loss:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?GT1=39002
Originally posted by 49ersking:
Yeah, it's just on paper, but some positive news...at least someone upgraded us after a loss:

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/powerRankings?GT1=39002

Im really surprised at how the Jets are playing. Really shows how much a coach, that is passionate about the game, can change the attitude of a team. Sanchez kid is making Leinart look real bad!!! Hahahahaha....LMAO.....LOL!!!!!!
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 29, 2009 at 10:38 AM ]
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Im really surprised at how the Jets are playing. Really shows how much a coach, that is passionate about the game, can change the attitude of a team. Sanchez kid is making Leinart look real bad!!! Hahahahaha....LMAO.....LOL!!!!!!

how's he making alex smith look?
  • 9ermj
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by verb1der:
Raiders @ 25, wow! lol

and that's generous
ESPN has the 49ers at 15, while the Viking shoot up to 5.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:

15 (13) 49ers 2-1-0 Nothing quite like a home game against the Rams to cleanse the palate following the taste of bitter defeat. (Sando)

It doesn't make sense for the vikings to be so high, when they should have lost in their home stadium.
[ Edited by dirtysouthniner on Sep 29, 2009 at 10:57 AM ]
Most sites have us in the 12-15 range, we probably could have been #8 if we had beaten the Vikes. I predict us going to #10 after the Rams next week cause we'll have 50% of the division in our pocket.

Foxsports has us as the 6th best team in the NFC. That's interesting. I think we have a REAL good chance to win the division this year. But even if we don't, I think we could have a better shot at the wild card than I would have thought.

15 (13) 49ers 2-1-0 Nothing quite like a home game against the Rams to cleanse the palate following the taste of bitter defeat. (Sando)

It doesn't make sense for the vikings to be so high, when they should have lost in their home stadium.

I was surprised by this, too. Opinions; everybody has one.

LOL @ Browns.... they're 0-3 but worse than their record..
power rankings are fun, to get an idea of what experts think of us but remember people the only rankings that matter are the division standings and we are on top of ours right now
CBS Sports has us at 17 WTF?
17.They're one Brett Favre laser away from being 3-0. The defense is really making strides. They have to play without Frank Gore for a couple of weeks, which hurts.
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Sep 29, 2009 at 11:09 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone