There are 83 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Shaun Hill on Dan Patrick Show

Its coming up after the break.

I will try to provide a summary.

- Not surprised we are undefeated and felt good going into both games.

- Doesnt pay attention to the media and what they say about his style at QB. He is used to people saying the same thing about his arm strength, and he just worries about getting W's not if it looks pretty.

- Said he has never seen anything like Gore running against the Shehawks.

- Didnt really use audibles. Everything was called from the huddle. Frank just ran well, line and receivers blocked well.

- Said he feels he would have been out of the league if he was a first round pick. Feels like he had a great opportunity by sitting around and watching the other QBs. Said he would have looked pretty bad his rookie year if he was thrown out there like Smith was.

- He said Singletary has the "look" when he is mad, and he doesnt even have to say anything. Also that he has seen it with a few of his interceptions. "He doesnt like interceptions...I can tell you that much"

- Wont ask Favre for an autograph. Never has asked any other player for an autograph, and doesnt plan to start now.

- Hasnt talked to Crabtree. Doesnt know where anyone stands on that issue, and they are moving on. Thinks we have a great group of WRs as it is.

- Was excited when we drafted Crabtree, but wont reach out to him because he doesnt have his phone number. LOL
[ Edited by TheRatMan13 on Sep 22, 2009 at 9:33 AM ]
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:

what network is that on?
  • ldussan
  • Info N/A
so...
Thanks. Hope there some good stuff.
lol about not having crabz number.
Wow, Dan Patrick actually had an interview where he didn't bring himself into it. Patrick is one of the most egocentrentric radio voices ever. He hardly even talks about sports.
Niners quarterback Shaun Hill joined the show to discuss their 2-0 start and more.

-- Dan asked Hill what he knows about the Michael Crabtree holdout.

"I don't know where anybody stands on that issue to be honest with you," Hill said. "We're moving on. We have a great group in there. ... We're just moving forward with the guys we have."

Hill said he was happy the Niners took Crabtree. "I was excited," Hill said. "I knew he was a gamebreaker."

-- Dan and Shaun were discussing Tom Brady's statement that he wouldn't have had as much success if he was a first-round pick. Hill said he felt the same way. He gained a lot from sitting on the bench. "I think things would be totally different," Hill said. "I was able to sit around and learn from some great quarterbacks." Hill was in Minnesota before San Francisco and credited QBs like Daunte Culpepper, Brad Johnson, Gus Frerrotte, Alex Smith, Trent Dilfer.

Hill was clear that he couldn't do what a guy like Mark Sanchez is doing this year. "I'd have looked pretty bad my rookie year," Hill said.

Read more: http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/danpatrick/#ixzz0Rr14ZlHM
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:

Here is Crabtree phone # 1-800- 40- Million

what network is that on?

Sorry just saw this. Its on clear channel. In AZ its 910AM.
Originally posted by BigMar:

probably a 201 area code.
  • alam
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by valrod33:
"I was able to sit around and learn from some great quarterbacks." Hill was in Minnesota before San Francisco and credited QBs like Daunte Culpepper, Brad Johnson, Gus Frerrotte, Alex Smith, Trent Dilfer.

@ "great quarterbacks"

- Said he feels he would have been out of the league if he was a first round pick. Feels like he had a great opportunity by sitting around and watching the other QBs. Said he would have looked pretty bad his rookie year if he was thrown out there like Smith was.

This makes me feel good about Nate Davis
Originally posted by BigMar:

1-800-GET-PAID

Originally posted by Joecool:
Wow, Dan Patrick actually had an interview where he didn't bring himself into it. Patrick is one of the most egocentrentric radio voices ever. He hardly even talks about sports.

He normally ask each guest their opinion about the crabtree situation, so I haven't mind listening to him too much.

- Was excited when we drafted Crabtree, but wont reach out to him because he doesnt have his phone number. LOL

Maybe he should ask the Jets