There are 230 users in the forums

We are not playing to the level of competition.

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Squirrel:
Originally posted by mryan1004:
having a qb that can control the game is one thing but when he is averaging 180 yards a game, i just cant see how you can live every week with those numbers because eventually a team is going to stop the run and the defense wont be so successful

Quiet! You'll upset Joecool!

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
I think the Minnesota game will be a GPS game for us. It'll let us know where we stand outside our weak division.

I have a feeling that if we beat Minnesota, it will be said that Minnesota really isn't that great because they have only beaten weak teams.

i certainly think that if thats the case and we do win we will be considered the real deal, especially with the hype of favre and peterson.....
GPS games are all BS...

We've played the 2 teams everyone was picking to win our division and beat both of em. Regardless of Sunday's game, we stand 2-0 in our division. These folks need to plug that into their GPS and see where that takes them.

BTW, Have these folks forgot about Any Given Sunday???
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by MrAdrenaline:
what the hell is a GPS game

where we stand

Seriously? Do people really use this goofy term to describe a game that determines where we're at as a team?

Please don't use this phrase again. How bout we just say "This game will decide where we're at". GPS game is really corny and nerdy.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Atlanta in a couple weeks is about as GPS a game as we have in the coming weeks.
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:

where we stand

Seriously? Do people really use this goofy term to describe a game that determines where we're at as a team?

Please don't use this phrase again. How bout we just say "This game will decide where we're at". GPS game is really corny and nerdy.

i've never heard the term used in this manner, but it wasn't rocket surgery to figure out what he was trying to say.
having a qb that can control the game is one thing but when he is averaging 180 yards a game, i just cant see how you can live every week with those numbers because eventually a team is going to stop the run and the defense wont be so successful

They stopped the run in Week 1, didn't they?

I believe we won that game, didn't we?

When we need to pass we'll pass. Hill has been relatively quiet just because he's been afforded that luxury by the defense. No need to have him pass up and down the field unless we need him to.

where we stand

i've never heard the term used in this manner, but it wasn't rocket surgery to figure out what he was trying to say.

you cant perform surgery on a rocket can you?

agreed. Watching payton manning last night engineer that comeback took me back to the glory days. He's clutch! We need a franchise QB!!!! Last time a team won a championship with a mediocre QB was the Ravens. But their D was off the charts. Our D is not strong enough to carry our team to a championship.

I'm lovin these wins dont get me wrong, but i just cant get that excitement without knowing we have that franchise qb that can lead us to big wins, upsets, etc. im hoping he comes soon....until then i guess we have to enjoy what we have, ahh the glory days....

where we stand

rocket science, brain surgery.

They stopped the run in Week 1, didn't they?

I believe we won that game, didn't we?

When we need to pass we'll pass. Hill has been relatively quiet just because he's been afforded that luxury by the defense. No need to have him pass up and down the field unless we need him to.

where is the confidence coming from that he can pass if needed. I havent seen any game in his career that says, here we go the game is on Hill's shoulders, we're in good hands......

agreed. Watching payton manning last night engineer that comeback took me back to the glory days. He's clutch! We need a franchise QB!!!! Last time a team won a championship with a mediocre QB was the Ravens. But their D was off the charts. Our D is not strong enough to carry our team to a championship.

I'm lovin these wins dont get me wrong, but i just cant get that excitement without knowing we have that franchise qb that can lead us to big wins, upsets, etc. im hoping he comes soon....until then i guess we have to enjoy what we have, ahh the glory days....

a man can dream.........

Laces in NATE!

where we stand

rocket science, brain surgery.

Originally posted by Squirrel:

Quiet! You'll upset Joecool!

Just point out the facts.
  • Silky
  • Veteran

A GPS (Global Positioning System) is usually associated with maps and directing you where to go. I think what Joe is trying to say, that a GPS game is a game that will put us on the map.

Share 49ersWebzone