LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 291 users in the forums

106 yards in 2 games

Shop Find 49ers gear online
That's how many rushing yards we have given up.

Thats 53 rushing yards per game. Should get a good test against the best in the biz on Sunday.

But here's to a top ten defense and #3 defense in stopping the run.

http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=OPP&offensiveStatisticCategory=null&defensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&season=2009&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go
I'm sure the defense will be ready for ADP, and I am not concerned about Vikings offense. It's the Vikings defense that concerns me, Niners cannot be one dimensional, and I believe Singletary knows that since he mentioned that the offense needs to get their skills players more involved, it's starts with the o-line, and every week they will be tested.

But the defense will get the job done.

That is good news. Stop the run, make the Vikings one dimensional, and then get turnovers to which we score on. Good plan, good defense.
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
That is good news. Stop the run, make the Vikings one dimensional, and then get turnovers to which we score on. Good plan, good defense.

Same thing they'll do to us. Last year we couldn't stop Fred Taylor, but they don't have him anymore.
yes
[ Edited by BirdmanJr on Sep 21, 2009 at 10:17 PM ]

can we stop purple jesus?
Notorious thugz ^^^
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by teeohh:

Yes we can, we have Red Judas:

Originally posted by Method:
Originally posted by Ninefan56:

Same thing they'll do to us. Last year we couldn't stop Fred Taylor, but they don't have him anymore.

You mean Chester Taylor perhaps?

This is a big game for our D, win or loose stopping AP would give our D some definite street cred.

That being said, I hope we stick it to farvraaaa...
[ Edited by 49er4life on Sep 21, 2009 at 10:26 PM ]
  • MikeyVnutz
  • Info N/A
our defense is solid this year... we shut down adrian last year and hopefully we can do it again on sunday... we also beat favre last year when he was on the jets so I don't see why we can't win this game... Go Niners!!!

-east coast MV
Originally posted by dman:

i'm going to start saying that if he indeed shuts down ap
  • dman
  • Veteran
Originally posted by dman:

i'm going to start saying that if he indeed shuts down ap

Ya me too, hopefully it catches on.
Originally posted by MikeyVnutz:
our defense is solid this year... we shut down adrian last year and hopefully we can do it again on sunday... we also beat favre last year when he was on the jets so I don't see why we can't win this game... Go Niners!!!

-east coast MV

We played the Vikings in 2007 and we did shut down AP. But Chester Taylor gashed us for 100+yds. So I hope we don't key so much on AP, that Brett kills us.
Share 49ersWebzone