There are 70 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Respect?

I didn't notice this mentioned anywhere else but. Are the Niners getting more respect by the officials? I ask this because yesterday I had seen an official help Hill in fixing his jersey. The official actually walked over and helped him out. I don't recall ever seeing that before.
Originally posted by kingairta:
I didn't notice this mentioned anywhere else but. Are the Niners getting more respect by the officials? I ask this because yesterday I had seen an official help Hill in fixing his jersey. The official actually walked over and helped him out. I don't recall ever seeing that before.

What?
Originally posted by valrod33:

lol

This happens all the time. As a matter of fact, the ref in the AZ game (earlier in the morning) did the same thing for Kurt...

4. 49ers taking charge: For years, the NFC West has been about pretty passes and offensive sophistication. Mike Holmgren dominated the division with his West Coast offense. Then Kurt Warner and Ken Whisenhunt stole it with their flashy three-receiver offense. But all of a sudden, the NFC West looks like the old NFC Central, the old Black and Blue division. Mike Singletary's no-nonsense style of football has the 49ers in first place with a 2-0 record.

The 49ers were more physical and more focused than the Cardinals in Week 1. On Sunday, the 49ers used a big performance from Frank Gore to beat Seattle 23-10. Gore rushed for 207 yards on 16 carries, and the 49ers' physical style of play destroyed the Seahawks' roster. Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck suffered a rib injury. Left tackle Sean Locklear suffered a leg injury. Middle linebacker Lofa Tatupu aggravated a hamstring injury. Cornerback Josh Wilson couldn't finish because of an ankle injury.

The 49ers can continue to win if the games are low scoring. Quarterback Shaun Hill doesn't lose games, and there are enough playmakers on the 49ers' defense to keep opposing offenses off balance. Of all the new head coaches, Singletary and Ryan have made the most impact.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/notebook?page=lastcall09/week2