LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 263 users in the forums

8 sacks in 2 games!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Faithful1978:
Everyone was ripping Martz offense because of the number of sacks we were giving up but the only difference I see from last year to this is the lack of an effective passing game! I know we want to run the ball but every team we play knows it as well so we will be facing 8 man fronts every week and wont be so lucky as we were on Sunday.... I think we need to get Vernon more involved in the passing game or use Walker more if Davis has to block but something is definitely missing!

You don't see the difference in the amount of turnovers between last year and this year?
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I would put at least half of those on Hill. He is holding the ball way to long and has shown poor pocket awareness.

Too long?

He is throwing mostly short dink and donk passes.
Hill has very good pocket awareness. He even said in the post game interview that there were a couple of sacks that he was responsible for and he felt it wasn't worth trying to make the play due to the situation of the game.

The sack he took when he ran into the defensive end was something Garcia does all of the time. He was trying to sneak over to the passing lane to make the throw but he ran into the defensive end. Sort of seemed like he thought he had a little more room to get into that lane.
a few of those were Hill's fault for holding onto the ball to long and moving right into the damn sack. Look at the Seattle game where he walked right into the DLinemans arms. I am hoping the pass protections improves or we might be seeing Smith mid way through the season
Like 5 of those sacks have been given up at RT...God passing on Michael Oher is killing us this season...
Originally posted by Ninerwinner:
Like 5 of those sacks have been given up at RT...God passing on Michael Oher is killing us this season...

Snyder played better but is still struggling and Pashos still needs to find some rhythm to be effective.

But damn, drafting Oher sounds so good right now. Our o-line would have been set for years...

-9fA
I only have 2 words.

Right Tackle!
Originally posted by MadMartz:
I only have 2 words.

Right Tackle!

yeah, that side is a real liability...just as expected before the season.
Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 10 times. Just sayin'.
[ Edited by pwilly52 on Sep 21, 2009 at 5:39 PM ]
Originally posted by pwilly52:

And 5 of those sacks was just one player (Antwan Odom) with Clifton out.
[ Edited by MadMartz on Sep 21, 2009 at 5:52 PM ]

Originally posted by HearstFan:
That equals 64 sacks this season if we keep this up! No wonder the passing game is horrendous. At this rate, Hill surely won't last the season. And we know how well Alex does with pressure.

Although I must say, a few times during the Seahawks game Hill had all day to throw and couldn't find anyone. I wish the TV screen had shown the whole field so we could see if the receivers just aren't getting separation.

I think Hill is looking for Bruce too much and not Josh Morgan,the guy had zero catches yesterday.
I've already seen a couple of times this season Hill has thrown into double,triple coverage trying to hit Bruce.
Morgan definitely needs to be more involved in this Offense in order for it to succeed.
Originally posted by pwilly52:

Their O-Line is a mess.
Hill still sucks though
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by Faithful1978:
Everyone was ripping Martz offense because of the number of sacks we were giving up but the only difference I see from last year to this is the lack of an effective passing game! I know we want to run the ball but every team we play knows it as well so we will be facing 8 man fronts every week and wont be so lucky as we were on Sunday.... I think we need to get Vernon more involved in the passing game or use Walker more if Davis has to block but something is definitely missing!

You don't see the difference in the amount of turnovers between last year and this year?

I thought a little more volume would help. LOL
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Hill still sucks though
Share 49ersWebzone