There are 115 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

8 sacks in 2 games!

That equals 64 sacks this season if we keep this up! No wonder the passing game is horrendous. At this rate, Hill surely won't last the season. And we know how well Alex does with pressure.

Although I must say, a few times during the Seahawks game Hill had all day to throw and couldn't find anyone. I wish the TV screen had shown the whole field so we could see if the receivers just aren't getting separation.
Didn't know we have that much. If they can get it on a consistent basis the D is going to bring us to the playoffs.

Ooops! I thought our D was getting them. Jeeeze this is bad then
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Sep 21, 2009 at 7:02 AM ]
The oline does need to tighten up.

Hill needs to make quicker decisions.

I’ll take those 8 sacks and 2 wins over 8 turnovers and no wins
Snyder has not looked good at all at RT in passing situations. Looks like it's time to give Pashos a turn. Hill did not help by holding on to the ball too long on at least two of those occasions.
That's one thing that Singletary wants to clean up. 2-0 is great but its hard to be a playoff team if you are giving up that many sacks over 16 games.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:
Snyder has not looked good at all at RT in passing situations. Looks like it's time to give Pashos a turn. Hill did not help by holding on to the ball too long on at least two of those occasions.

They put Pashos in and he gave up a sack on about the 2nd pass play he was in.
I would put at least half of those on Hill. He is holding the ball way to long and has shown poor pocket awareness.
We definetely need to get our pass protection shored up or it gonna ge the QB killed.
A lot of these sacks seem to be Hill holding on to the ball too long. I guess I can deal with the sack as long as he is not forcing the ball resulting in interceptions
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
A lot of these sacks seem to be Hill holding on to the ball too long. I guess I can deal with the sack as long as he is not forcing the ball resulting in interceptions

Yeah Hill even said after the game that some of those sacks were on him. However, I agree the O-line has to do a better job pass blocking.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

They put Pashos in and he gave up a sack on about the 2nd pass play he was in.

And was also called for holding.
It's definitely a concern, but I don't think sacks are as big of a deal as many folks do. I think the fact that we're one of 5 teams who haven't thrown a single interception is far more important and a significant factor in our 2-0 start.

And a big part of not throwing interceptions is knowing when to just go down to the turf and eat the 5-7 yards in a sack instead of trying to make something happen when there's nothing there. Hill's good at that.
Originally posted by DaveWilcox:
I would put at least half of those on Hill. He is holding the ball way to long and has shown poor pocket awareness.

Not sure why he holds it so long, he is not that effective throwing further than 20 yards so he might as well snap off the short routes. Play calling needs to be adjusted a bit as well.
  • Twister68
  • Info N/A
Yes, here it comes again. A pretty loss would've been much neater than ugly win.
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
It's definitely a concern, but I don't think sacks are as big of a deal as many folks do. I think the fact that we're one of 5 teams who haven't thrown a single interception is far more important and a significant factor in our 2-0 start.

And a big part of not throwing interceptions is knowing when to just go down to the turf and eat the 5-7 yards in a sack instead of trying to make something happen when there's nothing there. Hill's good at that.

True, but what is concerning is that Hill is getting stripped of the ball and we have been pretty lucky to recover these balls.

What I'm not sure of is, is there an issue with Hill or the WR's getting seperation? Is our offense lulling the WR's to sleep b/c they are primarily being used to block? It appears that if Hill does not throw it within 3 seconds, we're in big trouble - sack, strip, scramble, tons of pressure, negative yards, etc. However, if Hill does complete it within 3 seconds, it's almost always a completion and it appears our WR's are wide open!

Thoughts? I need to watch the game tapes again anyhow...