There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Props to the Broadcasting crew!

Best part was how Billick was predicting our plays on offense prior to the snap.

This is what happens when you start to win -- you get better exposure and better broadcasts.
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Best part was how Billick was predicting our plays on offense prior to the snap.

This is what happens when you start to win -- you get better exposure and better broadcasts.

The scary thing is;

Billick new what plays where going to be called and 3 out of 4 he predicted right.

That means he , like many coaches , would know how to beat us.

Props to Billick though . I've always liked his intensity.

''MIKE!..................MIKE! .....MIKE!!!!!!!!''
Originally posted by IntoTheNiners:
I'm not quite sure if this has been commented on but big props to Coach Billick and that other guy who called the game today. They were unbiased, full of info, and surprisingly knew A LOT about both teams. It's been awhile since we've been blessed with good broadcasters in the booth!

wasn't the other guy Thom Brennaman.
Haha Jimmy Raye started to drive Billick crazy with those taser formations.
Originally posted by Jax49er:
I swear if i hear the word "physicality" one more time im going to hurt someone.

That's with an "F"
I agree. Tired of Davis and the other moron.
Billick and Sing are close friends, of course he has great insight into our team. Remember Billick gave Sing his first NFL coaching gig and mentored him. He is definately pro Niners for that reason alone. But I agree he did a great job and was very insightful.
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
The scary thing is;

Billick new what plays where going to be called and 3 out of 4 he predicted right.

The hawks new what we were going to do too but they couldnt stop it. Run the ball with Frank.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:
I'm not quite sure if this has been commented on but big props to Coach Billick and that other guy who called the game today. They were unbiased, full of info, and surprisingly knew A LOT about both teams. It's been awhile since we've been blessed with good broadcasters in the booth!

Yep he did a good job. I didn't care for the job he did on last year's BCS title game, where he was all over Tebow's nuts, but he kept it simple yesterday.

Billick is one of the best. They should be one of the better teams. I think they're only like FOX's 4th or 5th team.

And I thought last week's announcers were good too. Rosen and Ryan always do a good job on the NFL.
[ Edited by Schulzy on Sep 21, 2009 at 11:58 AM ]
To me the best play by play caller on TV is Al Michaels. Does anyone else think Thom Brennamen sounds a lot like Al? I thought he did an excellent job. Brian Billick was enjoyable as a SF fan. I wonder if the Seahens thought he sounded like a homer though-don't really care cuz we've been treated like bottom feeders for so long.

I know, we have been bottom feeders for so long.

I got a chuckle out of Billick's comment about how Singletary's "I Want Winners" speech would make a great beer commercial........'cause it would.
Originally posted by Negrodamus:

Sure was.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TonyStarks:
The scary thing is;

Everyone knows how to beat everyone, but it comes down to the players actually executing. I mean, you can know that AP is going to run the ball up the middle. The question is, can you stop it?
I like Billick a lot as a broadcaster thus far. He passes down a lot of knowledge in his commentary, but doesn't act like a knowitall, second guessing every other playcall.
I think many of you are missing something here. Yes -- the FOX broadcast crew was outstanding -- top-notch -- whatever you want to call them. I do think they were very good.

But this was one of the better crews that FOX has. And they were assigned to cover the 49er game.

When is the last time that FOX assigned one of its best broadcasting crews to cover a 49er game? Usually, we get the rookie lineup -- the bottom of the barrel. And they've been just terrible.

Those broadcast teams still exist by the way -- but I can guarantee you this much: They won't be assigned to the 49er-Vikings game this weekend.

They'll be working some game involving Detroit or Atlanta instead.

That's the curse of being a bad team: You get shi**y broadcast crews to go with them.