There are 368 users in the forums

THE STICK?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i looks like a piece of sh*t........ but it's OUR piece of sh*t damn you

This

Yep. That. It's a rat hole, but it has character and memories.

This. I've spend 32 years going there and is falling apart left and right. But I can NEVER forget the memories I have from the dump. It's one of those love/hate relationships.
That is our home no matter what.
Originally posted by thuglife619:
Im from san diego and have never been to the stick and on TV it does not look that bad but is it really that s**tty?

The place is a dump by rising NFL standards, right down to the faded puke-orange seats. But the 'Stick has history on its side and there's a charm to the place, even while navigating the cramped concourses and craning to see the field from Section 19. (Mike Sando)

http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation

Nah man dont believe the hype the reason they call it a dump is because of NFL standards with these new stadiums out there its pretty out dated its not like its torn down ready to fall apart place
it has so much history
the only thing that is rundown is the neighborhood near by now thats a a complete dump

the stick >>>> qualcomm

I used to live right across from qualcomm on friars

the stick is old and beat up, but there's too much history there to think that it's anything less than a sh*thole.
The Stick itself isn't too bad, not great, but getting into and out of the place is horrible. I live in the East Bay, and I have had times where it has taken more time to get home than for the game to be played.
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by modninerfan:
Originally posted by 49erfeeeever808:
i looks like a piece of sh*t........ but it's OUR piece of sh*t damn you

This

Yep. That. It's a rat hole, but it has character and memories.

I'd like to *ahem* have words *cough* with that guy in a dark alley.

~Ceadder
Originally posted by fzrdave:
The Stick itself isn't too bad, not great, but getting into and out of the place is horrible. I live in the East Bay, and I have had times where it has taken more time to get home than for the game to be played.

That happens with MOST big events in the City, I'll match you the amount of hours I spent in ONE year on the road their leaving Concerts vs. the amount of time you did leaving sporting events. Just the Pearl Jam Vitology concert at the Polo Grounds was 2 hours in and 4 and a half out not including the walk to and from the car or the side trip to get gas and obligatory Head calls resulting from the beer garden.

Not that it's the longest I spent in the City after and event, it's just one that I can remember vividly. lol

~Ceadder
Share 49ersWebzone