There are 126 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2-0 After Sunday? I Think So...Do You?

2-0 After Sunday? I Think So...Do You?

Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Jim Mora JR is all about speed on defense, if we run the ball with force and wear their asses out we should be be able to bully them all day long, that speed wont be so explosive in the second half

This is exactly right. This season, we are built in a way to beat a defense like Seattle's that relies on speed and movement for success.

Aaron Curry is big, but the corners are tiny and won't be much help in force situations. The other LBs are on the smaller side, and Hill won't be playing.

The Hawk's D line relies on stunts and sliding to get penetration and pressure, and will be vulnerable to straight ahead and zone blocks.

And a big part of their scheme is edge pressure from Kearney and Tapp. If we can run successfully and only throw 25 times they have less of a chance to disrupt the offense.

We can definitely win this game!!!
[ Edited by Xestenz on Sep 18, 2009 at 8:44 AM ]
This is actually a huge game for us early in the season.

If we win this one, we have a very good chance of being 4-2 after six games when we hit the tough part of our schedule.

A win against the Rams and Texans should be very possible, but likely losses to the Vikes and Falcons. Not that we CAN'T win those games, but it probable that we lose at least one, and if not both, then maybe one of the other games we "should" win.

Then we have 5 tough games in a row before ending our season with our divisional foes plus the Eagles and Lions.

If we win this one, and can go even 2-3 during that really tough stretch, we'll be sitting at 6-5 (with wins over the Rams and Texans), with a good chance to go at least 3-2 over our last five games.

That's a 9-7 record or better, and with key wins over the Cards and Hawks, it could easily be enough for the playoffs.

But this game is key, so that we can be 4-2 before the tough part of our schedule and so that we hold all the early tie-breakers and confidence factors against our two key divisional foes.
  • Kush_Man16
  • Info N/A
f**k the SHECOCKS.......Trannies of the Sea
2-0 baby!! f**k the seacocks! I'm ready to throw some blows if any seacock fans try to start s**t! i doubt it thought there all p***ys!
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Sep 18, 2009 at 2:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by NeeJ49er:
Jim Mora JR is all about speed on defense, if we run the ball with force and wear their asses out we should be be able to bully them all day long, that speed wont be so explosive in the second half

This is exactly right. This season, we are built in a way to beat a defense like Seattle's that relies on speed and movement for success.

Aaron Curry is big, but the corners are tiny and won't be much help in force situations. The other LBs are on the smaller side, and Hill won't be playing.

The Hawk's D line relies on stunts and sliding to get penetration and pressure, and will be vulnerable to straight ahead and zone blocks.

And a big part of their scheme is edge pressure from Kearney and Tapp. If we can run successfully and only throw 25 times they have less of a chance to disrupt the offense.

We can definitely win this game!!!

Jim Mora requires a lot from his corners. When he was here, teams would get a couple of deep ones on us in man coverage. I think we need to throw a couple up to Morgan and see what happens.
  • TX9R
  • Veteran
I do not. If we come out passing early in the game and continue on early downs then that changes. this wold catch seattle off guard and they don't have a good secondary. But I think we'll see more of the same, waiting until we have to to throw and by then seatlle blitzing us in to sacks and INTs. I think this will be low scoring so a fast start is crucial. But running 3 times in arow for a half is not conducive to a fast start. I hope I'm wrong, I was about the last game, but really AZ beat themselves with penalties.
We must protect this house Niners win 2-0 and back on top of the NFC West, back where we belong

Go NINERS!!!
I think that everyone is giving the Falcons way too much credit. They are extremely overrated and beat up on weak Miami team last week. Outside of Abraham, name one potential pro bowler on their defense.
Division games are always tough, and this one should be especially tough, but I think the 9ers have a good chance of pulling this one out. It would be great to see them go 2-0 and be able to carry a bit of a swagger when they go up against the Vikes.
I like our chances
ABSOLUTLY
I think the 49ers will be 2-0.
Hells yes I do!
When healthy the Seahawks are a good team and shouldn't be taken lightly. The Cards aren't as good as people around here seem to think and neither are we.

This is too much bravado when our O-line is still unsettled and we have to rely on our defense to win games.
The Niners will get a 2-0 start to their 10-6 season