There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

2-0 After Sunday? I Think So...Do You?

2-0 After Sunday? I Think So...Do You?

Originally posted by global_nomad:
I hope we can stop their spread attack. Arizona might have more individually talented players, but I think the Seahawks are more in sync than the Cards were last week.

I really enjoyed watching the QB pressures, sacks, and Ints last week, but we aren't playing the statue that is Kurt Warner and Brett Farve this week. The crowd better bring it, Seattle fans travel well and I work with Lofa Tutupu's 1st cousin who is going to the game with a big crowd of his family.

Bottom line, just because we beat the defending NFC Champs doesn't mean this we have this weekend's game in the bag. Whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game.

first look at who did they play last weekend , 2nd we have a better overall LB & CB than Rams they will stop Seattle's Wr Most of them are injerd anyway, 3rd we can run the ball on them and Gore love to play them remember 212 yards. oh and by the way we have a bigger OL than when he got the 212 yards notice i did not say better i said Bigger. Hill will shine at home and the D have home cooking . Watch for Morgan to have a big day him and VD ! cuz of Morans/Mora D don't cover the TE well. nuf said but we have to show up , if we do we have the Division locked up !
Originally posted by cNiner:
I hope we can stop their spread attack. Arizona might have more individually talented players, but I think the Seahawks are more in sync than the Cards were last week.

I really enjoyed watching the QB pressures, sacks, and Ints last week, but we aren't playing the statue that is Kurt Warner and Brett Farve this week. The crowd better bring it, Seattle fans travel well and I work with Lofa Tutupu's 1st cousin who is going to the game with a big crowd of his family.

Bottom line, just because we beat the defending NFC Champs doesn't mean this we have this weekend's game in the bag. Whoever wins the turnover battle will win the game.

first look at who did they play last weekend , 2nd we have a better overall LB & CB than Rams they will stop Seattle's Wr Most of them are injerd anyway, 3rd we can run the ball on them and Gore love to play them remember 212 yards. oh and by the way we have a bigger OL than when he got the 212 yards notice i did not say better i said Bigger. Hill will shine at home and the D have home cooking . Watch for Morgan to have a big day him and VD ! cuz of Morans/Mora D don't cover the TE well. nuf said but we have to show up , if we do we have the Division locked up !

I know Hill will shine at home, I'm still worried about Seattle's offense though. I think Justin Smith says it best :

49ers DE Justin Smith said he doesn't expect Seattle's offense to come out conservatively on Sunday. "I expect them to throw the ball, establish a quick tempo, try to loosen us up a bit and then go to their regular game plan and run the ball," he said. Seattle's offense isn't nearly as predictable as Arizona's shotgun spread.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/SF

the statements in bold are what I'm most worried about. But if we can execute a great gameplan for this I like our chance at home. It should be a close game.
As long as our offense comes out & gets going early I think we have great chance to win this game.
If they can pressure Hasselbeck as much as they did Warner, they have a better than even shot of winning. I don't think that they (Seahawks) have a more potent passing attack than that of Arizona, though they may have a slightly better running game.

I would call this an even game except for the fact that the 49er's are playing at home, it's their home opener and that they're pretty pumped up after defeating the Cardinals. This should work in their favor. Niners by 3-7 points
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
If they can pressure Hasselbeck as much as they did Warner, they have a better than even shot of winning. I don't think that they (Seahawks) have a more potent passing attack than that of Arizona, though they may have a slightly better running game.

I would call this an even game except for the fact that the 49er's are playing at home, it's their home opener and that they're pretty pumped up after defeating the Cardinals. This should work in their favor. Niners by 3-7 points

........and they are honoring Eddie D at halftime. The crowd sure will be up for the 2nd half.

ps. I'm going to Kauai in march, can't wait!
[ Edited by global_nomad on Sep 17, 2009 at 8:27 PM ]
  • Crown
  • Crown
Originally posted by LA9erFan:
Can't I vote for both?

I really feel like gore is going to punish the seaHawks. Remember they are banged up at linebacker.

If we can harrass hasselhoff enough we can really disrupt his timing.

I feel this one.
Originally posted by Crown:
I really feel like gore is going to punish the seaHawks. Remember they are banged up at linebacker.

I agree. I think we may mix it up a little more, but ultimately Singletary is going to DEMAND a better job on the line and from the running game.

Ball control and discipline will be the keys to this one.
28-10, 9ers, book it.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
17-14 Niners mark my words man we WILL win i say dammit
We need this W ....
LETS GO NINERS!!!!
I BELIEVE!!!
Originally posted by cNiner:

I know Hill will shine at home, I'm still worried about Seattle's offense though. I think Justin Smith says it best :

49ers DE Justin Smith said he doesn't expect Seattle's offense to come out conservatively on Sunday. "I expect them to throw the ball, establish a quick tempo, try to loosen us up a bit and then go to their regular game plan and run the ball," he said. Seattle's offense isn't nearly as predictable as Arizona's shotgun spread.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-reports/team/SF

the statements in bold are what I'm most worried about. But if we can execute a great gameplan for this I like our chance at home. It should be a close game.

Perhaps Jimmy Raye can take some notes.
Originally posted by Axl49:

rather not have another mild heart attack

I'll take a 2 score victory instead
I think we can win this game but more importantly the 49ers themselves believe they can win this game. Game 1 was UGLY and our O-line was manhandled for the most part. If we can hold down the trenches a bit better and give Hill some time we will open more running lanes for Gore.

Hill throws for 256 yards 2 Td'd and no turnovers. Gore rushes for two TD's and we win big. Seattle 28-0 over St. Louis was a fluke. St. Louis has no defense. Man if the offense is on the field more than the defense the 49ers should win easily. I truly believe Sing will have the guys motivated to play. I can't wait until the game.
  • Axl49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RonMexico:
Originally posted by Axl49:

rather not have another mild heart attack

I'll take a 2 score victory instead
for reals lol me and my cousing alomst s**t out pants it was so close in AZ. Ill take a win anyway though
Its a good chance. we will be at home and the team will be excited. See it this way they have the chance to shut up a lot of critics win 2 wins agianst both teams that are supposed to be better than thaem. Trust Sing will make sure they understand the importance of these 2 early season victories. The fact that we are at home makes me more confident. Seattle's win was at home agianst the rams and we all know that they are the worst in the Division. We just went on the road and beat the Champs. I think our win was bigger even if it was ugly!!!