There are 98 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Has Frank Gore ever spiked the ball after a TD?

Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
With all of those yards Gore has only scored 23 TD's, so I wouldn't blame him for spiking it when he does get there.

The most he ever scored in a season was 8 td's., I believe LT, Alexander, and Priest Holmes scored more TD's in a single season than Gore has his whole carreer!

Crazy when you think about it, huh?

He only has 23 TD's because he fumbles a lot by the goal line. I get kinda scared when we are in the redzone and we hand off to Gore. He almost fumbled the Arizona game away.

That coupled with the fact that he doesn't have home run speed, his O-line is one of the worst in the league, and he isn't a power goal line guy! Either way when you look at his yards you would think he scored almost 100 TD's.
[ Edited by glorydayz on Sep 17, 2009 at 10:02 AM ]
Gore is a class act. Too bad more players don't take his lead. I wont mention any one special.
[ Edited by a24hrdad on Sep 17, 2009 at 10:24 AM ]
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
I think I remember him in an interview talking about how he follows the Barry Sanders and LT suit by not spiking the ball. Could be wrong...

Ooo, he did do the LT ball flick that one time against the rams, IIRC. After the game he said it was in honor of his favorite player, LT.

I recall him doing that a few times, but never spiking it.
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
With all of those yards Gore has only scored 23 TD's, so I wouldn't blame him for spiking it when he does get there.

The most he ever scored in a season was 8 td's., I believe LT, Alexander, and Priest Holmes scored more TD's in a single season than Gore has his whole carreer!

Crazy when you think about it, huh?

He only has 23 TD's because he fumbles a lot by the goal line. I get kinda scared when we are in the redzone and we hand off to Gore. He almost fumbled the Arizona game away.


Very true, frank is a fumbler.
Originally posted by tohara3:
I don't remember him spiking the ball at any time. Classy guy.

To be fair, spiking the ball is not classless. If he did spike it, he wouldn't be any less of a "classy guy."
[ Edited by 49erRider on Sep 17, 2009 at 1:15 PM ]
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by tohara3:
I don't remember him spiking the ball at any time. Classy guy.

To be fair, spiking the ball is not classless. If he did spike it, he wouldn't be any less of a "classy guy."

Seriously how does spiking a football make you not classy.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Yes he has . . . . wait . . .



I think he is making a no look one handed catch
  • mod
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 29,367
Originally posted by glorydayz:
Originally posted by pd24:
Originally posted by glorydayz:
With all of those yards Gore has only scored 23 TD's, so I wouldn't blame him for spiking it when he does get there.

The most he ever scored in a season was 8 td's., I believe LT, Alexander, and Priest Holmes scored more TD's in a single season than Gore has his whole carreer!

Crazy when you think about it, huh?

He only has 23 TD's because he fumbles a lot by the goal line. I get kinda scared when we are in the redzone and we hand off to Gore. He almost fumbled the Arizona game away.

That coupled with the fact that he doesn't have home run speed, his O-line is one of the worst in the league, and he isn't a power goal line guy! Either way when you look at his yards you would think he scored almost 100 TD's.

I know... how do you run for over 200 yards in a single game and not score a TD???
Gore is a subscriber to the "act like you have been there before" philosophy. And he has been there before many times.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
Gore is a subscriber to the "act like you have been there before" philosophy. And he has been there before many times.

I was going to write the very same thing. Personally, I really appreciate Gore's humble but fired up approach throughout his game.