LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Best in the West

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know there are still plenty of questions to be answered for this season. But I truly believe that after seeing the Niners go into Arizona and defeating the NFC champs in their own house, one thing is for sure...

Mike Singletary is the difference.

When Singletary called that NBA-style timeout and gathered the defense together, that proved to me that he puts his heart and soul out there with the team. I believe that this is what made him the Hall of Fame player that he is. He knows what it takes to come toghether as a team. Honestly, who wouldnt want to play for a coach like that?

The other coaches in the NFC West do not possess this rare quality, Wisenhunt is solid, Spagnuolo is too new, Mora Jr in my opinion is average, they are nothing like Singletary.

This is why we are a different team this season, despite having almost the same players as last season, and WILL WIN the NFC West!

Please tell me I'm not the only one who feels this way

Just look at the picture. Usually when you see these kinds of things, you can see a few players where they are looking around and their head is not in the game. Every one of these guys has their eyes glued to Singletary. When he talks, you listen.
We have already taken the first step and won on the road vs the strongest rival...

if we beat the Seahawks this Sunday, my fellow webzoners....the Niners have officially arrived.
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
Just look at the picture. Usually when you see these kinds of things, you can see a few players where they are looking around and their head is not in the game. Every one of these guys has their eyes glued to Singletary. When he talks, you listen.

exaclty, and after that timeout...the defense rose to the occasion, legendary moment imo.
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by verb1der:
I know there are still plenty of questions to be answered for this season. But I truly believe that after seeing the Niners go into Arizona and defeating the NFC champs in their own house, one thing is for sure...

When Singletary called that NBA-style timeout and gathered the defense together, that proved to me that he puts his heart and soul out there with the team. I believe that this is what made him the Hall of Fame player that he is. He knows what it takes to come toghether as a team. Honestly, who wouldnt want to play for a coach like that?

The other coaches in the NFC West do not possess this rare quality, Wisenhunt is solid, Spagnuolo is too new, Mora Jr in my opinion is average, they are nothing like Singletary.

This is why we are a different team this season, despite having almost the same players as last season, and WILL WIN the NFC West!

This is the way I see it. Teams are reflective of their coaches. This is how our division breaks down:

Spag's is a runt, Mora would kick his ass. Whiz can kick Mora's ass. Singletary can kick all their asses together and leave them thanking him for the blessed experience.

That's the way the division is going to play out.
[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 16, 2009 at 1:33 PM ]

Originally posted by NickSh49:

Originally posted by JoseCortez:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Singletary prepared this team well enough to beat the Cards on the road, if we beat the Seahawks this Sunday, we own the division, and that gives me all the evidence I need to say yes...playoffs are within arms reach!
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Somebody make a son of Mora vid for the Hawks presser after Sunday.

[ Edited by Blitz on Sep 16, 2009 at 2:05 PM ]

I thought they were all admiring the new shoes he got on sale at .........

Believe it or not...he pulled a move that most coaches in the NFL dont even bother to think of.

He saw his defense a lacking a little bit...and he used that as a good time to remind them what they are playing for.

They came out of that timeout and played light out defense from that point on. If you cant understand the little intracacies that go into this great game then you would never understand why that picture could be one of the true defining moments of this season.

A great coach knows when to press the buttons on his team and when to leave them be.
  • DJD
  • Veteran
Awesome picture, awesome moment!! I want to see him do the same thing with O next time they go flat!!
Originally posted by Blitz:

This is the way I see it. Teams are reflective of their coaches. This is how our division breaks down:

Spag's is a runt, Mora would kick his ass. Whiz can kick Mora's ass. Singletary can kick all their asses together and leave them thanking him for the blessed experience.

That's the way the division is going to play out.

jajaaj make my day.. funny stuff...

go niners
We have already taken the first step and won on the road vs the strongest rival...

if we beat the Seahawks this Sunday, then the Vikings week 3, my fellow webzoners....the Niners have officially arrived.

fixed
[ Edited by 9rFan84 on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:19 PM ]
Originally posted by 9rFan84:

if we beat the Seahawks this Sunday, then the Vikings week 3, my fellow webzoners....the Niners have officially arrived.

fixed

what I should've said was..."officially arrived as the Best in the West." lol

still IMO, the Vikings are overrated, they do have the best back in the league, but our defense has bottled up ADP before AND beat the Vikings, and we beat Favre last season....the Cardinals offense is more threating to me...that's just my opinion.
[ Edited by verb1der on Sep 16, 2009 at 4:30 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone