LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 268 users in the forums

More Double TE with Vernon & Delanie!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • sportstro84
  • Info N/A
I think it is a nice combo, especially in the red zone to have Vernon and Delanie out there. I think that we have the personel this year to do a variety of things that were out of the question in years prior.
Originally posted by BigMar:
Originally posted by Joecool:
I'm starting to think that the Double Tight just won't work well for us. Gore seems to be more comfortable with a FB to follow.

I think the double tight end set with Vernon and Delanie would be the most dangerious and effective anytime the 9ers are in the Red Zone..... opposition can't cover both of them within the 20 yard end zone line.

Can you spell TOUCHDOWN!
Makes sense!
This topic has been discussed a lot the last year or so. Every topic you come up with is recycled...

Delanie has been overrated by all niner fans, including myself. He hasn't showed much in the reg season. He needs to show something before getting more PT. He gets a lot of PT for a backup TE anyway.

VD still has to prove he is a playmaker also. We don't have many "playmakers" to be honest.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sacniner:
This topic has been discussed a lot the last year or so. Every topic you come up with is recycled...

Delanie has been overrated by all niner fans, including myself. He hasn't showed much in the reg season. He needs to show something before getting more PT. He gets a lot of PT for a backup TE anyway.

VD still has to prove he is a playmaker also. We don't have many "playmakers" to be honest.

We do, but our QB has problems finding them sometimes.
  • Stuuk
  • Veteran
I like the use of this formation. I think it can also lead to Defenses misinterpreting that we are going to run, providing us with the opportunity to utilise one of our strengths in being able to get the short-intermediate passes to Davis and Walker (Whom I believe other teams underestimate), and giving those two players the opportunity to run with the ball.
Originally posted by Stuuk:
I like the use of this formation. I think it can also lead to Defenses misinterpreting that we are going to run, providing us with the opportunity to utilise one of our strengths in being able to get the short-intermediate passes to Davis and Walker (Whom I believe other teams underestimate), and giving those two players the opportunity to run with the ball.

Yep...and in the Red Zone it should be most effective.

http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=120699
Originally posted by itlynstalyn:

WTF.... folks are giving their opinion on this thread subject .... and then YOU come along and do this!

WTF.... folks are giving their opinion on this thread subject .... and then YOU come along and do this!

How is it my fault you don't know how to do a search? Contrary to your belief the Webzone DID exist before you joined it, the two TE set has already been discussed ad nauseum.

How is it my fault you don't know how to do a search? Contrary to your belief the Webzone DID exist before you joined it, the two TE set has already been discussed ad nauseum.

Stop it....so no one can ever discuss or start a thread about Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker, because the two tight has been discussed before?

Come on dude, stop it.... you clearly have other motivations here, knock it off.

Stop it....so no one can ever discuss or start a thread about Vernon Davis and Delanie Walker, because the two tight has been discussed before?

Come on dude, stop it.... you clearly have other motivations here, knock it off.

What other motivations? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one annoyed with you continually starting threads that are already being discussed. Do a search next time, it may help you from getting every thread you start locked.

What other motivations? I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one annoyed with you continually starting threads that are already being discussed. Do a search next time, it may help you from getting every thread you start locked.

It's really, really simple.... if YOU are annoyed, don't open, read and comment on the thread. Geeezzzzzzz!

And I 100% disagree with EVERYTHING you said.

You're right, a lot of people are annoyed with him trying to get attention. I like opening the threads so I can laugh and see if anyone else has clowned him yet.
Originally posted by sacniner:

You're right, a lot of people are annoyed with him trying to get attention. I like opening the threads so I can laugh and see if anyone else has clowned him yet.

Most be because you are a clown, ehhh?
Share 49ersWebzone