LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 270 users in the forums

Mark Roman

Shop Find 49ers gear online
There is a reason why Roman was allowed by the team to seek other opportunities in free agency. He was told by Singletary that Goldson was going to start at FS over him in the beginning of the season. Roman wasn't happy with that and thought he could be a starting Safety somewhere else in the league... obviously 31 other teams did not think he was worth much at all.

Every time there is a big bonehead play on defense, Roman's in the picture next. Someone mentioned that already, but I'll mention it again because it's TRUE.

I'm sick of Roman in a 49er uniform. Off with his head!!!!
LOL Mark Roman, the WebZone's favourite whipping boy.

-9fA
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

True that bro but next year we won't have to talk about him no more because he is gone!
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Originally posted by bigmike55:
There is a reason why Roman was allowed by the team to seek other opportunities in free agency. He was told by Singletary that Goldson was going to start at FS over him in the beginning of the season. Roman wasn't happy with that and thought he could be a starting Safety somewhere else in the league... obviously 31 other teams did not think he was worth much at all.

Every time there is a big bonehead play on defense, Roman's in the picture next. Someone mentioned that already, but I'll mention it again because it's TRUE.

I'm sick of Roman in a 49er uniform. Off with his head!!!!

Yes #26 is always in the highlights of the opponent
Originally posted by SybErkRimInAL:
Originally posted by leakyfausett:
Originally posted by E-49er:
Originally posted by miked1978:
Originally posted by hopeforniners:
I'm really tired of coaches sticking to older players, cause they think they make fewer mistakes. (eg: Bruce, Roman)
I'd like to find out how many times a young player made mistakes and how many times an older player just didnt make a play.
I'm not sold on the former being significantly higher than the former. You just dont notice the 2nd as much, cause they're just a step slower and so the older players look like the positioning was not there, rather than an younger player that just making an obvious mistake.
Oh how I miss the niner glory years.

I agree to a certain extent but Singletary has been willing to play the younger guys. How do you know Hudson is better than Roman? Maybe Hudson gets beat all the time in practice? There is a reason why he doesn't play.

The philly fan on "Invincible" with the cape is better than Mark Roman!!!

Roman never had "it" when he was younger and is worse now. I would play Hudson instead of Roman because Hudson is younger and more athletic than Roman. When was the last time Roman made a positive play for the 49ers?

When he knocked down the late pass attempt against Texans to give us a chance to get the ball back and score.

yes, exactly. If he doesn't bat that ball, slaton gets the first down and then some.

Ok. I don't remember the play. Sorry. It just seems he is always the one getting burned in key situations and he never has been a guy that made big plays on a regular basis.
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:

-9fA

Mark Roman needs his own appreciation thread after forcing his own INT today. The refs probably felt sorry for him and let that one slide. Anyway.. way to go Mark!
Let us count:

4 DBs

5 INTs

If Roman doesn't get an INT, he needs to retire and resurrect his career in pop warner.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
He's extremely lucky the refs didn't call the PI.

[ Edited by Hopper on Nov 12, 2009 at 22:07:58 ]
Originally posted by Hopper:

No they just felt sorry for him.

He has equal opportunity to go for the football, he doesn't have to give Olsen the right away if he's looking to catch the ball. Football 101.
nice pick Mark
sometimes the REFs gotta let the guys play....plus as a defender he has every right to INT that ball!

[ Edited by quatic on Nov 12, 2009 at 22:36:57 ]
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mospeed:
He has equal opportunity to go for the football, he doesn't have to give Olsen the right away if he's looking to catch the ball. Football 101.

He made contact with Olsen a second before the ball arrived, that's a PI. He got lucky though.
Originally posted by Mospeed:

this
Share 49ersWebzone