There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Mark Roman

• GORO
  • Veteran
How did he play in his new role? I didnot watch the game, but the TD that FITZ caught it looked like Roman should have had the inside, and prevented it from happening.

When I saw this highlight, I just felt that Reggie Smith should have been playing more
Roman laid our urban with a pretty good ass hit
  • TheChosenOne
  • Info N/A
He was to blame on that touchdown to Fitz...He was in no mans land....Clements has the outside to the post Roman should have has an easy int if he would have cut infront of fitz, roman just stood there..........Did anyone catch that?
Originally posted by TheChosenOne:
He was to blame on that touchdown to Fitz...He was in no mans land....Clements has the outside to the post Roman should have has an easy int if he would have cut infront of fitz, roman just stood there..........Did anyone catch that?

I saw Clements and Goldson get confused there not Roman
Honestly I didn't notice him the whole game whihc is a good thing.
Originally posted by TheChosenOne:

I saw three Niners in the area, but couldn't believe Warner still got it to Fitz. I'm not surprised if Roman and Clements were two of them. But still, saw Roman lay out a WR w/ a good legal hit and Clements played tough vs. Fitz + got an easy INT.
  • GORO
  • Veteran
It was in the third quarter against the colts, 3rd and 20 with Manning going back to pass and he launched it to Piere Garcion, Roman read it and attempted to intercepted, he did not. Colts get a first down.

Against the Vikings he was there and didnot make the play on the ball to keep Greg Lewis from catching the game winning reception.

Sing, Manusky please play Marcus Hudson more and bench this guy
  • hopeforniners
  • Info N/A
I'm really tired of coaches sticking to older players, cause they think they make fewer mistakes. (eg: Bruce, Roman)
I'd like to find out how many times a young player made mistakes and how many times an older player just didnt make a play.
I'm not sold on the former being significantly higher than the former. You just dont notice the 2nd as much, cause they're just a step slower and so the older players look like the positioning was not there, rather than an younger player that just making an obvious mistake.
Oh how I miss the niner glory years.
Originally posted by hopeforniners:
I'm really tired of coaches sticking to older players, cause they think they make fewer mistakes. (eg: Bruce, Roman)
I'd like to find out how many times a young player made mistakes and how many times an older player just didnt make a play.
I'm not sold on the former being significantly higher than the former. You just dont notice the 2nd as much, cause they're just a step slower and so the older players look like the positioning was not there, rather than an younger player that just making an obvious mistake.

I agree to a certain extent but Singletary has been willing to play the younger guys. How do you know Hudson is better than Roman? Maybe Hudson gets beat all the time in practice? There is a reason why he doesn't play.
Roman has made a few solid plays this year, way more than last year.

but so far it seems like he has made more mistakes than he did last year.. bad trade off..

I can't wait for reggie smith to get healthy.
Originally posted by miked1978:

I agree to a certain extent but Singletary has been willing to play the younger guys. How do you know Hudson is better than Roman? Maybe Hudson gets beat all the time in practice? There is a reason why he doesn't play.

The philly fan on "Invincible" with the cape is better than Mark Roman!!!

Roman never had "it" when he was younger and is worse now. I would play Hudson instead of Roman because Hudson is younger and more athletic than Roman. When was the last time Roman made a positive play for the 49ers?
I don't think Roman is as bad as everyone makes him out to be. If Singletary had the balls to bench Clements for Brown, I don't see why he wouldn't do the same with Roman/Hudson if he felt the need to.
  • hopeforniners
  • Info N/A
I want to see him permanently bench Bruce and Roman. Both should never get on the field again.
Bruce needs to be replaced by Jones/Hill. And for Roman, I would say everyone on the roster including the big fellas in the o-line and d-line. Even they would be better.
I cant remember the last time Roman made an impact.
Cut his Ass!!! Every time I see a dumbass play the next thing in the camera's view is #26! I'm tired of this guy always f**king up! Why does everybody yell and scream about Clements, but is totally okay with Roman!!???!!! And I don't want to hear a word about the money! Go tell McCloughan that!
I want to see him permanently bench Bruce and Roman. Both should never get on the field again.
Bruce needs to be replaced by Jones/Hill. And for Roman, I would say everyone on the roster including the big fellas in the o-line and d-line. Even they would be better.
I cant remember the last time Roman made an impact.

I can! It wasnt a positive impact though!