LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 255 users in the forums

Justin Smith overlooked...+ Ray McDonald

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by vamphunter23:
Turns out Greg Manusky reviewed the game tape....Credits Smith with 13 quarterback pressures and nine hits on Kurt Warner Willis-like performance by Smith this past game...

Holy crap!
Justin Smith literally took over the end of the game to ice it for the Niners! JS has definitely produced dividends since coming over from Cincinnati...One of the good things from Nolan
Originally posted by BETTERDAYZ9ERS:
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
Originally posted by TheRatMan13:
I think my buddy said it best when he said "Justin Smith likes beer"

Just another reason to like the dude.

It's what keeps his motor running

-and mine as well

Seriously though, I never overlooked Smith. I loved the signing and this year I was either going to get a Smith jersey or a Morgan jersey. I ended up with the Morgan jersey. Still might get the Smith. (not alex)

Know anyone that can change an 11 to a 94?
waste of money aleast i didn buy a cashtree jersey!!
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
I think my buddy said it best when he said "Justin Smith likes beer"

Just another reason to like the dude.

It's what keeps his motor running

-and mine as well

Seriously though, I never overlooked Smith. I loved the signing and this year I was either going to get a Smith jersey or a Morgan jersey. I ended up with the Morgan jersey. Still might get the Smith. (not alex)

He is one of about 5 players that I want their jersey. The thing that sucks is the only Jersey I have with the new look is Craptree ...bad choice so far

That's too bad,in the future If I were you I would wait to see a player do well on the field before committing to his jersey.I bought a PW jersey late in his rookie year because although you heard the hype I had to see him play for a little while before spending on his jersey-you never know
Was Justin Smith hurt today? Only 1 tackle and no sacks. Did he play well or was his elbow more serious than we thought?
Love Smith.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Ninefan56:
Was Justin Smith hurt today? Only 1 tackle and no sacks. Did he play well or was his elbow more serious than we thought?

He was all over the place, just never the first to make impact. He is a beast.
Hope our defense keeps playing great. Smith is leading our d-line charging.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Bump.

Justin Smith doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves on the forum. The guy has a non stop motor. He's just excellent against the run and he's a good inside pass rusher.
Originally posted by Hopper:
Bump.

Justin Smith doesn't get nearly the credit he deserves on the forum. The guy has a non stop motor. He's just excellent against the run and he's a good inside pass rusher.

Teams need two to slow him down. The dudes a stud.

• Luca
  • Veteran
Alright Justin, this one's for you
Hope he has a big game on Sunday, and hope Ray Mac gets back healthy soon. We've really missed him these last few weeks.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Justin Smith had a nice year last year, but he was an absolute monster yesterday. He's a kind of player in the Bryant Young-mold: works hard, does the dirty work, keeps his mouth shut (well, except for that one unsportsmanlike play ).

McDonald. Man, he looked pretty good. If we can get Balmer to play with that kind of speed and leverage, well, we'll be unstoppable.

The thing about Byant Young is, he had that explosion of quickness to get to the qb. I don't think Smith will have as many sacks as Young.
With all High Motor guys you really have to keep an eye their age. I thought Justin was past his prime....but that was a GREAT pick up.

Lots of guys on the line have improved this year....of course that means that our secondary of course took steps backwards
Smith is ranked 1st in 3-4 DE

http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=DE4&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1

#1 QB Pressures with 20

#1 QB Hits with 9

#4 Tackles with 14

I mean he is 2nd in snaps played but who cares, he's still a beast
Share 49ersWebzone