There are 97 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Keeping Greg Manusky, how do we do it?

Originally posted by jreff22:
The difference between Nolan and Sing is loyalty. I can honestly see coaches and players wanting to stay here because they love working with him. This may actually trickle into the FA market as well when it comes time for us to acquire new players. Soldiers will follow a respected commander into hell and back, Sing is becoming that kind of leader.

A military man's point of view. I agree, man.
he has had 2 good games at a DC
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
If Manusky leaves, I have faith in Tomsula to take over the D. He has done a great job with Franklin and Smith at NT and DE respectively.
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
I wouldn't worry about that yet...maybe after a few seasons of a top 10 defense, then some other teams might look at his potential to be a HC. Got to remember, there are some (future) HOF coaches out of work now...Shanahan, Cowher, Holmgren. Those guys will most likely get jobs sooner than someone like Manusky would. Agree, he's done a good job for us, especially since Singletary's taken over and given GM the freedom to do his thing.

I agree we should be good for a couple of years.
Originally posted by Method:
Funnily enough, whenever one of our coaches do well, even during horrible seasons, they some how get head coaching jobs with other teams. Doesn't really make any sense to me, but if our defense plays as well as it looks like it should, I wouldn't doubt Manusky getting hired as a HC. lol

I don't get it either.....Pats, Steelers and Colts some how seem to keep their coaching staff in tact (at least long enough to win a couple of SBs). Mind boggling to me.
[ Edited by 9erluv415 on Sep 25, 2009 at 9:14 AM ]
Quote:
Keeping Greg Manusky, how do we do it?

Accuse the other of tampering.
Originally posted by marshniners24:
he has had 2 good games at a DC

Where have you been? The guy has the D playing awesome ever since Nolan was fired and he wasnt forced to run the Big Nickel package.
Originally posted by 9erluv415:
Originally posted by Method:
Funnily enough, whenever one of our coaches do well, even during horrible seasons, they some how get head coaching jobs with other teams. Doesn't really make any sense to me, but if our defense plays as well as it looks like it should, I wouldn't doubt Manusky getting hired as a HC. lol

I don't get it either.....Pats, Steelers and Colts some how seem to keep their coaching staff in tact (at least long enough to win a couple of SBs). Mind boggling to me.

simple. they didn't want to work for nolan
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
Originally posted by Super5:
Nolan was all in Manusky's mix(read it somewhere) untill he was fired So Manusky really is just getting started and I think he'd like to see this through to see how good his Defense can
get.

I'm lost. Do you mean that Nolan was tinkering too much or that Manusky had his back until he was fired?

~Ceadder

Nolan was indeed tinkering with Manusky,not allowing him to do his thing.

With Sing,he's allowing Manusky to play his defense,do his thing and you see the results- a much improved defense and it's only gonna get better.

I don't think Manusky had Nolan's back and is very happy he is gone.

I hope I explained it better for you Ceadder

peace