There are 88 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Keeping Greg Manusky, how do we do it?

Originally posted by King49er:
Originally posted by jreff22:
The difference between Nolan and Sing is loyalty. I can honestly see coaches and players wanting to stay here because they love working with him. This may actually trickle into the FA market as well when it comes time for us to acquire new players. Soldiers will follow a respected commander into hell and back, Sing is becoming that kind of leader.

agree 100 percent

Completely agree also!
Originally posted by GORO:
I thought the same thing, if the Niner defense leads us to the playoffs his name will be mentioned for the openings in Dallas, Washington, Buffalo and a few others

Strike Phallus off that list. They'll go with their OC if they fire their HC.
*Edit* They may just force Phillips out the door if it looks like some other team is window shopping their OC.

Buffalo too unless they just phone in their season.

*Edit v 1.02* I'm just glad so many people are convinced that Manusky is staying put. I'll rest easier this season knowing that.

~Ceadder
[ Edited by Ceadderman on Sep 24, 2009 at 7:06 PM ]
Greg Manusky aint goin no where this offseason... no worries
quick sign him to an extension now... 4 years 25 million for our DC... and while we're at it sign crabtree and his 40 million for 5 too
Originally posted by SoCal9ers:
quick sign him to an extension now... 4 years 25 million for our DC... and while we're at it sign crabtree and his 40 million for 5 too

Hmmmm how well did that work for us when Norv was signed to an extension and given a PAY RAISE to boot?

If San Diego misses another Postseason chance it's likely Norv will get the axe and leaves a late offseason door open for Manusky?

~Ceadder
Let's see what he can do wit dis defense against AP and all those burners they got, BB & the rook Harvin, I mean so far so good, but hey let's keep this ish goin'.
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

Hmmmm how well did that work for us when Norv was signed to an extension and given a PAY RAISE to boot?

If San Diego misses another Postseason chance it's likely Norv will get the axe and leaves a late offseason door open for Manusky?

~Ceadder

LOL i was just keeeeeding with my post.
me
I could see him being a coach soon. I believe we gave him a raise, and if he does leave i'd say the niners would increase the offer for him to stay on, but head coach of a team like dallas since they always have a coach problem could happen soon.

~Ceadder

And you know what, despite that being fact people here still blame our Front Office/Nolan/Bush/Darth Vader/The Russians for Norv leaving.

Go figure...

Bottom line folks, if Manusky wants to leave, he's gone. We CANT make him stay if he gets accepted as a HC elsewhere. I'm saying that as fact, not that I know he even wants to leave.

Personally, I don't see it happening for at least the next 2-3 years.
[ Edited by baltien on Sep 24, 2009 at 7:27 PM ]
Nolan was all in Manusky's mix(read it somewhere) untill he was fired So Manusky really is just getting started and I think he'd like to see this through to see how good his Defense can
get.
If Manuk leaves, will Sing bring in another 80 years old DC
Originally posted by Super5:
Nolan was all in Manusky's mix(read it somewhere) untill he was fired So Manusky really is just getting started and I think he'd like to see this through to see how good his Defense can
get.

I'm lost. Do you mean that Nolan was tinkering too much or that Manusky had his back until he was fired?

~Ceadder
I say we see what kind of scheme he puts together to stop the most hyped player this year. (Peterson) then we should maybe start to worry or something........
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

He'll have Jim Johnson exhumed and resuscitated.

~Ceadder
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

He'll have Jim Johnson exhumed and resuscitated.

~Ceadder

too early?