There are 253 users in the forums

Keeping Greg Manusky, how do we do it?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • zero
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
Lets not get too ahead of ourselves here...

-9fA
  • ZRF80
I hope Raye gets a head coaching gig next year. If I was team management, Id be lofting his name around St.Louis, Arizona, and Seattle headquarters.
Originally posted by Norwalks_Best:
Originally posted by ninerempire25:
What this guy has done with defense is amazing.

Was thinking how in the hell are we gonna get any pressure on Warner ??

Manusky ran some good schemes. If the 49ers defense keeps playing the way they did the 2nd half of last year. Unfortunately I see Manusky getting looked at by other teams.

Who's idea was it when on a few plays I saw all the D-lineman standing up to pass rush Warner ??

Dude relax it was one game!

This why i love the zone. One measly game and its all praises. Wait till he screws up on one game and let the lets fire his ass threads begin.
I wouldn't worry about that yet...maybe after a few seasons of a top 10 defense, then some other teams might look at his potential to be a HC. Got to remember, there are some (future) HOF coaches out of work now...Shanahan, Cowher, Holmgren. Those guys will most likely get jobs sooner than someone like Manusky would. Agree, he's done a good job for us, especially since Singletary's taken over and given GM the freedom to do his thing.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
I'm not going to say that at the end of the season he will be getting phone calls but if he continues to make this defense better and grow, it will happen.

How do the 49ers make sure we have him around for awhile?

I love the guy, his coaching and I love the way he yells profanity when something goes wrong!
The difference between Nolan and Sing is loyalty. I can honestly see coaches and players wanting to stay here because they love working with him. This may actually trickle into the FA market as well when it comes time for us to acquire new players. Soldiers will follow a respected commander into hell and back, Sing is becoming that kind of leader.
[ Edited by jreff22 on Sep 24, 2009 at 5:23 PM ]
Originally posted by jreff22:
The difference between Nolan and Sing is loyalty. I can honestly see coaches and players wanting to stay here because they love working with him. This may actually trickle into the FA market as well when it comes time for us to acquire new players. Soldiers will follow a respected commander into hell and back, Sing is becoming that kind of leader.

agree 100 percent
There no cap on coaches we should splurge some of Crabgina's $$$$.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Oh, this thread already existed... How in the world do the mods stay on top of these things? Great job guys, you really are a good group.

We should all send love you letters to the Mods and Manusky.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Nobody wants a Munusky

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Chief:
I'm not going to say that at the end of the season he will be getting phone calls but if he continues to make this defense better and grow, it will happen.

I love the guy, his coaching and I love the way he yells profanity when something goes wrong!

personally I think he gets soft with a lead.

And that scares the hell out of me.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Crown:
Originally posted by Chief:

personally I think he gets soft with a lead.

And that scares the hell out of me.

Ive never really noticed, I will pay more attention this Sunday when we are up 21-0 at the half.
If our defense if top 5, i tottaly see him being a coaching candidate next year
not sure if we can keep him if a HC position opens up and they wanted him...but we can make whoever is below Manusky study like a mfer.. that way if Manusky moves on, he can step up.
Trust me he is not going anywhere. Gruden, Cowher and Shannahan are some of the names that will be looking for a job next year. Manusky will be here for atleast another year.
Share 49ersWebzone