LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 221 users in the forums

No Haralson thread? Really?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by B650:
Warner held on to the ball far too long in that game. A lot of our sacks were coverage sacks. Hasselbeck gets rid of the ball much quicker, so I'm curious to see how our defense plays against Seattle and if we can repeat the same performance.

I disagree, warner was pressured all game and their was one coverage sacks but the rest were just the pocket collapsing and warner not being able to do his reads and we got a sack. We also should remember that brooks will be back soon and he can get to the qb.

Also, why hasn't anyone made a spencer thread, the guy was a beast yesterday and shutdown his side of the field with excellent play.
So far so good.

Like I said, Haralson will be 10+ sack guy (should've had two yesterday, idk why it was called a TFL). He brought consistent pass rush all through out the 1st half. He did have a mediocre 2nd half, but I believe they were focusing more on him, which allowed Justin, Ray, Lawson, to bring the pressure.

Very nice pressure was applied to Warner today, and I expect the same thing to happen against the Seahawks this week.
  • dj43
Considering he missed an entire season due to injury, he is doing very well. Though we should never get too excited about a single game, the guy he was beating on Sunday was Levi Brown, a former first round pick who is considered to be one of the better young OL in the league.

Having shown the way he did, Seattle will have to game-plan for him a bit. If he comes from Walter Jones' side, the Seahawks will not adjust as Jones is the best in the game and fully healthy. However, on the opposite side Seattle may have to leave a TE in or chip with a back. In either case, it is a good example of how pressure makes DBs very happy.
Originally posted by BrianGO:
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
pssh, he only had 1 sack. and as a whole our defense only had 3. that is pathetic, we have to have 10-15 sacks a game. i say we cut everybody, go out and get charles halley, chris doleman, and kevin greene out of retirment because our D is not going to cut it against a real offense.

I know you're joking, but I just wanted to point out that I would rather have 20 quarterback pressures and zero sacks, then 5 sacks and no pressures.

Pressures make you a good defense.
Add sacks to the equation and then you're talking top five defense.

Warner has better pocket awareness than Hasselbeck. If we can pressure the Seahawks just as well as we pressured the Cardinals, I think we will get more sacks next week.

it is because of that thread i made this post.
I'm probably the only zoner who picked Parys for the 9ers in their mock draft. Then again I would have picked Alan Branch over P Willy :)
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
pssh, he only had 1 sack. and as a whole our defense only had 3. that is pathetic, we have to have 10-15 sacks a game. i say we cut everybody, go out and get charles halley, chris doleman, and kevin greene out of retirment because our D is not going to cut it against a real offense.

hook up the smoke bro
Share 49ersWebzone