LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 262 users in the forums

No Haralson thread? Really?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
We held a pretty potent passing attack in check today in their house, and I think a lot of it was due to the pressure that Haralson consistently got on the outside. (with an assist from Justin Smith). He got to the edge whenever he wanted to, and I think he was a big reason that they checked down so much.

It seems like it's been 20 years since we had a damn pass rush, and there was no reason to think that this season would be any different. But if he can continue to play like that, he's gonna start attracting more attention and things will open up for other guys. The one thing our defense was lacking was much of a pass rush, but if we can consistently do what we did today, we are going to be in almost every game.

Props to Haralson.

[ Edited by LA9erFan on Sep 13, 2009 at 21:37:33 ]
I whole heartedly concur.
no he sucks, him AND Patrick Willis
  • Blitz
  • Veteran
Originally posted by King49er:

Fire Nowin!

Oh wait, we already did that.
People have been sleeping on Parys. Dude had 8 sacks last year in limited action but everyone overlooked that this off-season saying we need to look for another OLB. Parys has all the skill to be one of the best pass rushing OLB's in the NFC, which i think will show this year.
Originally posted by Blitz:

Fire Nowin!

ughh he better get an increased madden rating!
  • NickV
  • Veteran

Fire Nowin!

And our D got better! No big nickle today! lol
Played great, dominated in the 1st half. Hadn't seen a pass rushing clinic like that by a 49er since Chris Doleman in 98
yeah, Parys was a beast today! He was a big part of the win. He DEFINITELY deserves his own thread.

Originally posted by NickV:

Fire Nowin!

And our D got better! No big nickle today! lol

no just big plays!
The only thing that i'll fault him for is he couldn't pickup Hightower. That was the only glaring spot against him otherwise he played a very very solid game.

-9fA
  • Dino
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 9erfanAUS:
The only thing that i'll fault him for is he couldn't pickup Hightower. That was the only glaring spot against him otherwise he played a very very solid game.

-9fA
5th round steal!
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Our best offseason move was extending Haralson easily. I see double digit sacks from him this season.
Share 49ersWebzone