LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 279 users in the forums

So why isn't the team credited with 5 sacks?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Mcdonald -1
Haralson -2
smith - 2

Smith is credited with 1 . He had a sack on a 4th down play and at the end of game .

Haralson got Warner early on a bootleg type play . Why are they not credited for 2 sacks each ????
Obama
Originally posted by King49er:
Obama

I think the last play was a fumble, and the 4th down play Warner just threw the ball away, he should have been penalized.

Too bad but at least we were in Warners face all day lets hope we can keep this up.

go niners!
Does it matter? Warner was getting abused all day.
Originally posted by 9ermex:
I think the last play was a fumble, and the 4th down play Warner just threw the ball away, he should have been penalized.

Too bad but at least we were in Warners face all day lets hope we can keep this up.

go niners!

no he's right, on a fumble like that, where the defnder takes down the QB, and makes him fumble is also considered a Sack.
Originally posted by ziggy_gonna_rock:
Mcdonald -1
Haralson -2
smith - 2

Smith is credited with 1 . He had a sack on a 4th down play and at the end of game .

Haralson got Warner early on a bootleg type play . Why are they not credited for 2 sacks each ????

On that one play, Warner tried to hand off to Wells but Benie went the wrong way, so Warner tried to run, and it was for a loss. Thus that play was ruled as a run, not QB sack. Unfortunately. I would have preferred a sack, too.

EDIT: And I'm not referring to the last play on D. This was earlier in the game, when Benie would have had his 1st NFL carry but blew the direction.

[ Edited by IWASATTHECATCH on Sep 13, 2009 at 21:14:40 ]
  • crzy
  • Hall of Fame
Because they didn't get 5 sacks.
The play J Smith got to Warner on 4th down before they got the ball back one more time he didn't sack him. Warner threw the ball away when he was going down so that wasn't a sick but it was a major pressure and take down.

Originally posted by AB83Rules:

go niners!

no he's right, on a fumble like that, where the defnder takes down the QB, and makes him fumble is also considered a Sack.

Can't the team appeal the stat ruling and get it changed????
Originally posted by AKfanster:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:

go niners!

Can't the team appeal the stat ruling and get it changed????

something like that, I'm not exactly sure how it works
  • Mex49
Why doesn't Lawson have one?
Originally posted by Mex49:

He caused the interception. He didn't get a sack for it.

See how misleading stats can be?

[ Edited by BrianGO on Sep 13, 2009 at 21:28:23 ]
Originally posted by Mex49:

Cause he sucks at rushing the passer, DUH!

Sorry, I just couldn't help myself
Share 49ersWebzone