LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 239 users in the forums

Referees didn't call a few penalties...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Here's my list:

Not in our favor:

1) Borderline PI on Morgan, Cards CB wasn't looking back playing the ball, had his hand in Morgan's face and chest before pass got there.

2) Rolle was repeatedly pushing on Norris' facemask during and possibly after the whistle. How the refs let that go is beyond me.

3) Boldin ran into Goldson(?) right before Fitz caught that 20+ yard pass down the middle, second to last play of the game, should've been OPI. And if anyone questions why, remember Bruce was called it last season against Rams(?).

In our favor:

1) Borderline PI on Clements, I thought it was a good play because he was looking for the ball, but glad there was no penalty that Fitz was looking for (plus Warner overthrew the pass right before halftime).

2) Hill did fumble the ball and it should've been 6 pts for the Cards. Lucky for us they only got the ball at the 40 yard line.

Anyone see any other calls that should've been made?

[ Edited by mcbaes72 on Sep 13, 2009 at 19:09:42 ]
Originally posted by mcbaes72:
Here's my list:

3) Boldin ran into Goldson(?) right before Fitz caught that 20+ yard pass down the middle, second to last play of the game, should've been OPI. And if anyone questions why, remember Bruce was called it last season against Rams(?).

while i do think that should be PI, i see why it isn't. he was running a streak. it wasn't a classic pick play.
well they said the reason for them not getting six was bcuz the play was dead on the Hill fumble.. but for the most part you hit the nail on the head on everything else.

I think that one wasn't called because to me it looked almost simultanious as the catch so it was a legit play.
Originally posted by jdt84_2:
Here's my list:

while i do think that should be PI, i see why it isn't. he was running a streak. it wasn't a classic pick play.

But the ball was in the air.. no touching.
Good list. Overall good game by the refs.
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Here's my list:

not true. if you are making a play for the ball you can touch. also, they may have thought goldson wasn't going to make a play on it because he was a bit off of where fitz was.
Originally posted by tohara3:

They did pretty good. I thought the Head Official was a little nervous at the beginning.

Except for the head ref - this apparently was his first game as he rarely got a call out correctly on the mic during the first try. It was kind of amusing...
On Arizona's last scoring drive, I saw a hold by the O-line that didn't get called. Result was a pass that was generously spotted for a first down and Arizona went into a hurry up.

Officiating was pretty awful, I hope they were just rusty. At least they blew the whistle at halftime and prevented that touchdown return.

I thought alot of the calls went our way, so no complains from me
  • dmatt
  • Veteran

No it wasn't. They couldn't even count the number of players on the field. I'd get fired if I made that many mistakes.
Originally posted by Giant9er:
Here's my list:

it dont matter, it was a fumble, but the play wad called dead, thus no points were allowed on that play.
Here's my list:

Not in our favor:

1) Borderline PI on Morgan, Cards CB wasn't looking back playing the ball, had his hand in Morgan's face and chest before pass got there.

2) Rolle was repeatedly pushing on Norris' facemask during and possibly after the whistle. How the refs let that go is beyond me.

In our favor:

1) Borderline PI on Clements, I thought it was a good play because he was looking for the ball, but glad there was no penalty that Fitz was looking for (plus Warner overthrew the pass right before halftime).

2) Hill did fumble the ball and it should've been 6 pts for the Cards. Lucky for us they only got the ball at the 40 yard line.

There was a lot of holding going on by the cards O-line, none of which was called. Then again they got called for plenty of other reasons.
Numerous penalties is a sign of team not in sink yet. The cards were flapping around out there. There could have been more penalties called on them today. I remember a blatant holding penalty by the cards when one of the DB's of SF came on a blitz and was tackled.
Share 49ersWebzone