LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 430 users in the forums

Coach Sing! (Timeout convo)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Whatever he is doing, it is apparently working. Good use of a timeout and great coach speak!
Originally posted by fzrdave:
I was really surprised to see that basketball like timeout, but it came at a good time and the game turned for us afterwards. It was a good call by the Coach.

it was basketball like, wasnt it? I agree. coach KNOWS football. I feel he's got more little surprises for us.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Sing also won his FIRST red-flag challenge as a full-time (non-interim) coach in the NFL!

It looked like Sing was pointing to the sideline and saying, "You can leave right now."
but where is singfan and sabrason and susweel? Hiding from the zone?

[ Edited by kronik on Sep 13, 2009 at 18:08:24 ]
I really wonder what he said to the D when he gathered them around. It looked at one point like he was gesturing to the O on the bench like," yeah, these guys have sucked but you guys have done great." His influence is clearly evident on the entire team: Vernon has calmed down, the D swarms, etc. I just hope his commitment to the run doesn't bury us in the end, as it almost did today.

Regardless, great job by Sing today. That TO was the key to the game. Improvement over Nolan is immense.
  • AZ9er
  • Veteran
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
You saw him pull the team together to rally them when they were lagging. I think they might have given up the TD after that, but they held steady after that.

Yeah that was a pretty slick move to get them all huddled up and re-focused, Coach Sing is Awesome.
I loved that Sing pulled the D aside. It got me pumped and had no idea what he said. I am fired up for our niners.
Im very proud to be a Niner fan today! Im in Ohio and have been calling upset all week....Willis played amazing and Sing really rallied the team.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
Sing also won his FIRST red-flag challenge as a full-time (non-interim) coach in the NFL!

Agreed, but i think that challenge came from upstairs. From Sing's view, I doubt he can see if we had 12 or 11 on the field.

The guys at the top window had the view and I think they looked at the replay, counted only 11 players and radioed Sing to challenge it.

I think Sing should get a '99' rating on Madden under the 'motivation' bracket.
Originally posted by YuNGaCE:
WE WANT WINNERS !

LOL, Go Niners!
Couldn't have asked for a better game to begin the season. The team will only get better and better.
was when Coach Sing called timeout and huddled up with the defense. The D had just been driven on and had given up a TD to tie the game while the Cards were driving again. Sing called the timeout. The D looked as if it settled down and held the Cards to a FG. Then the niners went on their game winning drive. I really think Coach calling that timeout did wonders for momentum.

Its really something you dont see in the NFL anymore where the HC pulls the defense (or offense if its the case) all together aside to talk to them. Singletary is really starting to show some poise as a Head Coach and I am thrilled to have him with the 49ers.

Thoughts?
im usually the conservative type of guy who think teams that save their timeouts until the last 2 min. are smart, but sing took it to a WHOLE.... NOTHA... LEVO.. it was amazing to see sing get the whole D together and motivate them to stop the cards
Share 49ersWebzone