There are 71 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Offensive post-game analysis (Week 1)

Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
Originally posted by WINiner:
f**k all the Hill haters. Like I said earlier, let Hill throw the ball and we'll be fine. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol Hill sucks the whole game, comes thru on one series and now he's a word beater?

HE WON THE GAME DUDE. GET OVER IT, AND RELISH IT!

Defense won this game. Are u arguing against that?
Originally posted by WestCoastNut:
It was a frenzied game. I doubt the Seahawks game will be like this. It is worrisome that the running game was pathetic.

remember, we will be at home when we play them next week. This game is a learning experience to know what we have on the team
Originally posted by WINiner:
f**k all the Hill haters. Like I said earlier, let Hill throw the ball and we'll be fine. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol Hill sucks the whole game, comes thru on one series and now he's a word beater?

HE WON THE GAME DUDE. GET OVER IT, AND RELISH IT!

he didnt win it, the defense won it. Hill looked bad for much of the game but came up clutch on the last drive, he is a fine game manager, but is not the answer dont get ahead of yourself
Offense looked bad. Not the players so much, but the playcalling Sucked!!!

When we threw the ball we did good. When we ran 3 times in a row we sucked... Blame the o-line, or blame ray.... Your call
  • trellblaze1
  • Info N/A
It's funny how quick ppl are to call for Jimmy Raye's head. Am I the only one who realizes that the greatest play calling in the universe wouldn't have saved us from that offensive (and I do mean offensive) line? I mean seriously....every time I saw Baas he was looking for somebody to block. He needed look no further than his own backfield. The Cardinals DLine were loitering on Gore/Hill's bodies. I was tempted to call the police.

We HAVE to do something or everything the D has fought to achieve will be in vain...
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Fire jimmy raye

......and give it to Rathman!!!!!

please do cause i don't know how long i can put up with what i've see today on offense. Very predictable...
They didn't lose the game for us with stupid plays, but the playcalling was vanilla at best and didn't surprise anyone. Our plays kept going down the middle, and our center + guards were letting Dockett & company through with little resistance. I'm not sure why we didn't run more sweeps or plays outside of tackle.

While Hill did make some plays when it counted, there were some times where I was thinking we got really lucky he didn't throw picks. A few passes where he never shook off the defenders throwing into triple coverage was just not good.
Either the OL has to run block a LOT better OR they need to pass.

I don't care how it's fixed, as long as its fixed. They can run 60% of the time as LONG AS ITS EFFECTIVE - but it wasn't so you have to figure it out.

There is no difference between extremes; Martz and Raye are polar opposites AND BOTH ARE BAD FOR THIS TEAM - ANY TEAM.

You need balance. I didn't see that today.

IT MUST CHANGE.
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Our offensive line is the blame for all the failures on our offense today, end of story.
They need to diversify their running plays. I see too many power plays. Half assed draw plays. Not saying that it can't work, but there's no originality. They need to try stretch plays, tosses.

He threw it well the first 3 quarters alright.
Lets get a hire ME! ( Tristan Fontaine ) offensive coordinator post. I can call a better game, and plays that will benefit the team and their stregnths. My Resume, 2 year starter varsity football. QB of a flag football league that has been in the playoffs with 1 ship in 3 of our 4 seasons. and HC and O coordinator for youth football the last 3 seasons. lol
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Finally a QB that ends the season with a win and starts with a win.

Hill again was a gamer!!! Our play calling sucked, the run game was STUFFED!!! Hill got rattled and still (DURING THE GAME!!!) got his composure back and while this victory is the defenses alone Hill was our only offense... This was a Jimmy Raye nail biter not a S. Hill blame situation... All you Shaun Hill haters should be ashamed of yourselves,,, he is a first time starter and still he shook off the fact that the oline was pathetic and led us as best he could to a win! HoRayyyyy to the defense!!!! Boooooo to Jimmy Raye !!!

Dirty
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
O line needs to step it up bigtime, Hill needs to look like that TD drive more often.

+1