Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by Memphis9er:
Originally posted by trellblaze1:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Raye is a joke. He is not an OC. He is a joke.

Pure and simple.

I think it's funny that people believe that any OC would have success with no blocking. Especially one who's plays are completely dependent on timing.

Ray may not indeed be a good OC, but that's not what was evident today. Anytime the opposing DLine is paying rent in your backfield your offense is going to look bad...

Did you notice how the pass protection improved on our TD drive? That's because we spread the field! The playcalling was responsible for a great part of the o-line struggle.

The oline was responsible for the bad oline play. Raye only calls the plays, he cannot get out there and execute it for them.

There a lot more involved than just execution. When you line up in the I, the guys are gonna stack the box and it will be harder to block.

yeah it is all raye fault if he fails to make adjustments! If the D is getting constant pressure( which they did), then your start calling plays to get hill on the move or get frank running outside, which Raye failed to do! Yeha we won, yeha I'm happy, but this wont fly!!!

Its painfully obvious....Raye might know football, but he doesn't know play calling. Take that to the bank.
Originally posted by SnakePlissken:
FACT: Shaun Hill did not throw a single interception in this game, nor did he make a crappy throw that came even close to an INT, things looked horrible, but as usual they came together, and Shaun is the only starting QB in the NFC West this week that hasn't thrown an interception.[/quote]

Thanks. I'll add that to my upcoming book: "Meaningless Stats".
PLAL ACTION - PLAY ACTION - PLAY ACTION

Damn it, why can't a professional coaching staff figure it out. Everytime we lined up the fullback and Gore in the "I" formation (or close to it), the Cards did the same thing as last year - RUN BLITZ.

The easiest darn way to stop a run blitz is play action and throw to the vacated center of the field where the linebackers just left. I didn't see us do that once.

Besides that, their DTs were blowing up our guards. What the heck - Rachel and Bass are supposed to be maulers.

Other teams just saw a blueprint of how to beat our O-line. Expect to see this every week until we get that fixed. Is it Raye? Forester? or talent? We fans don't know, but Sing sure better know and get to addressing it TONIGHT.

BY THE WAY -- It makes you wonder who got 1600 yards in 2006? Gore or Larry Allen?
Winning ugly is OK with me.
FACT:nor did he make a crappy throw that came even close to an INT

uhhhhhhhhh

[ Edited by MaliCali on Sep 13, 2009 at 17:28:50 ]
FACT: Shaun Hill did not throw a single interception in this game, nor did he make a crappy throw that came even close to an INT, things looked horrible, but as usual they came together, and Shaun is the only starting QB in the NFC West this week that hasn't thrown an interception.

What game were u watching? he threw at least 3 or 4 balls into double or triple coverage that were lucky not to get picked off.

it was a mix of Raye's playcalling and Hills play. There were Wr's open but he only looked at one WR. Gotta get better on the run game. Their d-line was getting hella push up the middle.
I don't know why I am bothering....

Look we haven't had a top 15 offense in half a decade. We weren't a top offense last year nor have we done anything this off season to reasonably believe that we would be a top offense again.

This is what we are going to do. Run the ball, not turn the ball over, avoid giving up the big play and win the game with our defense and special teams. If you don't like that I suggest following another team this season.

This isn't an offense that is going to score 35 points, and you are foolish if you expect that. If our offense doesn't turn the ball over and gives us 17-24 points a game we are going to be in good shape to win a lot of games this year.

We beat a team that went to the superbowl last year in their own house.

So relax and enjoy the win fellas. Stop being unreasonable expecting us to light up the scoreboard every week like the saints because it isn't happening.

[ Edited by joey82 on Sep 13, 2009 at 17:30:01 ]
Originally posted by BrianGO:
O line needs to step it up bigtime, Hill needs to look like that TD drive more often.

Hill looked good on the TD drive because, well, it was the only drive of the entire game where we actually came out throwing. The ONLY one.

What a coincidence.

Thank you. You sir, are not blind.
FACT: Shaun Hill did not throw a single interception in this game, nor did he make a crappy throw that came even close to an INT, things looked horrible, but as usual they came together, and Shaun is the only starting QB in the NFC West this week that hasn't thrown an interception.

did you watch the game???
there was 3 passes that hit the defenders hands and they dropped it
Originally posted by P-52ENFORCER:
Originally posted by WINiner:
f**k all the Hill haters. Like I said earlier, let Hill throw the ball and we'll be fine. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol Hill sucks the whole game, comes thru on one series and now he's a word beater?

HE WON THE GAME DUDE. GET OVER IT, AND RELISH IT!

Where did I hear that before??

Right, 1st week of 2007.

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Originally posted by maximill15:
Originally posted by trellblaze1:
Originally posted by kstolai:
Raye is a joke. He is not an OC. He is a joke.

Pure and simple.

I think it's funny that people believe that any OC would have success with no blocking. Especially one who's plays are completely dependent on timing.

Ray may not indeed be a good OC, but that's not what was evident today. Anytime the opposing DLine is paying rent in your backfield your offense is going to look bad...

Did you notice how the pass protection improved on our TD drive? That's because we spread the field! The playcalling was responsible for a great part of the o-line struggle.

The oline was responsible for the bad oline play. Raye only calls the plays, he cannot get out there and execute it for them.

There a lot more involved than just execution. When you line up in the I, the guys are gonna stack the box and it will be harder to block.

yeah it is all raye fault if he fails to make adjustments! If the D is getting constant pressure( which they did), then your start calling plays to get hill on the move or get frank running outside, which Raye failed to do! Yeha we won, yeha I'm happy, but this wont fly!!!

Its painfully obvious....Raye might know football, but he doesn't know play calling. Take that to the bank.

Yep. Sometimes you have to know when to fold em'. Our running game wasn't working and the dedication to the running game almost cost us. Raye and Sing need to learn that.
After watching today's game I was happy that we won the game, but I was concerned by Shaun Hills performance. Yes I know he had one really good drive but the rest of the game was sub par at best. It seemed that most of his ball were either short or over thrown. Do you attribute his perfomance to AZ's "D" or Jimmy's play calling?

Now I know that Jimmy Ray is a deciple from Norv Turner. To me Norv did a better job of moving the pocket to help with the blitz. I remeber Norv used a lot of boot legs to move the pocket. I didn't see any of that. I know that Shaun is not as mobile as Alex, but when I have seen him take off it was to bad. In fact I thought that he was more mobile than people gave him credit for.

Any way I hope that this was just an off game and hopefully Shaun and Jimmy have a great performance vs. the Seachickens!!!! Go NINERS!!!!!
  • dmax
  • Veteran
Look jimmy raye had some bad play calling yes...But everything starts up front..How can gore get going if carlos dansby is camping in the backfield the entire game. We need to shore up that oline right now[/indent]
Originally posted by WINiner:
f**k all the Hill haters. Like I said earlier, let Hill throw the ball and we'll be fine. GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Lol Hill sucks the whole game, comes thru on one series and now he's a word beater?

HE WON THE GAME DUDE. GET OVER IT, AND RELISH IT!

Where did I hear that before??

Right, 1st week of 2007.

Except for the fact that Hill actually had good numbers today. In 07 Week 1, Smith did not.

Be happy once in awhile.
Originally posted by Nuns:

Hill did not suck the whole game. He is a winner, and improved his record as a starting qb. He threw a nice long ball and did it all with almost no running game.

He just beat the reigning NFC champions in their own backyard.

..........and so-called niniers fans are still hating on him. Go figure!
Share 49ersWebzone