There are 238 users in the forums

Clements Lockdown on Fitz

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Great article from espn:

Clements, Fitzgerald in spotlight. Larry Fitzgerald averaged 99.6 yards receiving per game vs. the 49ers in his first six matchups against them. That average has fallen to 63.3 yards per game in four meetings over the last two seasons. The difference? Nate Clements. The veteran cornerback signed with the 49ers before the 2007 season and quickly distinguished himself as a difference-maker in this matchup. Fitzgerald has still managed to find the end zone, but his receiving yardage totals against the 49ers in the Clements era (20, 156, 31, 46) cannot compare to what they were from 2004 to 2006 (94, 47, 102, 129, 133, 93). Clements plays Fitzgerald physically and does not back down. Fitzgerald has worked hard to improve his game, with spectacular results. Can he solve Clements more consistently?

This is great especially now that boldin most likely wont play this sunday! i'm feeling the war machine baby!!!!!!
  • iohk
  • Veteran
i still think hes good but hes looked bad this preseason hopefully he shakes off the rust and continues
Originally posted by iohk:
i still think hes good but hes looked bad this preseason hopefully he shakes off the rust and continues

preseason is over. that's old news. cleo lemon looked good so i guess he's an elite qb?
  • GEEK
  • Veteran
I don't care how many yards Fitz has in the games against the 49ers. We've been sucking against Arizona for the last couple of years.

If Fitz gets 300 yards, and we still win the game...that's all I care about.
With Boldin potentially out, Breaston goes into the starting lineup. Perhaps this leaves us better in the doubling department, especially considering Doucet is also a big banged up. We might have the depth advantage in terms of WRs vs CBs.
Positive stats, although I'm still hoping Boldin plays, their best 11, vs our best 11.

I don't want to hear any excuses from punk @ss Cards fans if the Niners win.

Winning the West all starts this Sunday.
That's good to see those stats have gone down since Clements plays Fitz physically. Too bad I don't feel that Nate will be as successful this season. Fitz continues to get better while Clements seems like he's either lost a step or just makes poor decisions in coverage.
Originally posted by wailers15:

preseason is over. that's old news. cleo lemon looked good so i guess he's an elite qb?

Originally posted by mcbaes72:
That's good to see those stats have gone down since Clements plays Fitz physically. Too bad I don't feel that Nate will be as successful this season. Fitz continues to get better while Clements seems like he's either lost a step or just makes poor decisions in coverage.

MADDEN CURSE!!! It's worked on everyone on getting injured except for Eddie George & Ray Lewis, and Brett Farve. Farve didn't have a great yr last year. & George & Lewis had their worst seasons. Fitz will have a crap year or he will get hurt. I think warner goes down sometime. maybe this week!!!!!
Originally posted by GEEK:
I don't care how many yards Fitz has in the games against the 49ers. We've been sucking against Arizona for the last couple of years.

If Fitz gets 300 yards, and we still win the game...that's all I care about.

But wouldn't you agree that if Fitz get's 300 yards we are much more likely to lose?

A good strategy for winning is to keep the other team's best players from beating you.

Uh, Clements is a defender.... Or, CB. Corner starts with "C"
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

wtf r u talking about
Originally posted by verb1der:
Positive stats, although I'm still hoping Boldin plays, their best 11, vs our best 11.

but we don't have crabtree
Originally posted by five1oh:
Originally posted by verb1der:

but we don't have crabtree

He'll be there in spirit, the guys'll be wearing commemorative #15 patches on their helmets.
Originally posted by Lott49ersFan:

No Clements is an FB, cause he's 'fhysical' with an F!
Share 49ersWebzone