There are 196 users in the forums

Singletary names VD offensive Captain (Full list of captains inside)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think this is probably a pretty good idea. The guy has a lot of passion and God knows he's only just scratched his potential, but he hasn't yet lived up to what was expected of him. By making him a Captain, I think it'll give him some more responsibility and I think he just might step it up. It also might make him take more responsibility for his own actions if he’s somewhat responsible for others. All different types of things motivate people, VD has gotten the stick in the past a time or two, but now they're trying the carrot and I think it just might pay dividends.
yessss i called it months ago.

So many trashed him, hes.gunna blow up
Vernon is now physically and mentally ready to "ROCK" the NFL.

And Coach Singletary had a lot to do with pointing him into the right direction.

Vernon and Singletary, stand up and be recognized!

Frankly, If Crabtree ever wake,s up and signs with us, I think Vernon and Singletary along with Gore and Willis to name a few, will definitly have a big influence in shaping Craptree career for the positve.

Craptree should feel fortunate to be teammates and be around such fine young men and super players in Willis-Gore-Davis , etc.
i can see it now... after dropping pass after pass...
on the sideline Delanie Walker pulls the team captain patch from Davis and slap it on himself...!
i hope this will help him have a break out season finally
Originally posted by 49wyztoscore:
Originally posted by Chief:
You guys are crazy, Vernon Davis will be a great team captain. He has a desire to win, plays with energy, anger and a will to succeed. He is a workout warrior with the skills to be very good, the 49ers took a pass catching tightens and asked him to become a blocker, he succedded on a high level. Just wait.

Post of the year.

I second that
Originally posted by NineFourNiner:
TTIUWAPOACSIH (This Thread Is Useless Without A Picture Of A Chimpanzee Shaking Its Head).

That is all.
CONTRACT YEAR , BABY!

Originally posted by 228niner:
step 1 toward the hall lol

Why lol? Its true, he can actually be that type of player. Small steps
Kind of a slap to the face to Gore.

Good move for V. Davis and the team.
Originally posted by smithgdwg:
Kind of a slap to the face to Gore.

I don't think so. Gore was adamant to VDs face that he needed to step it up and show more leadership. Frank Gore is probably supporting the decision.
  • B650
  • Veteran
I would've named Frank Gore captain. After all, we're a running team.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:
Defensive Captain has got to be Willis...

no doubt
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Chief:
You guys are crazy, Vernon Davis will be a great team captain. He has a desire to win, plays with energy, anger and a will to succeed. He is a workout warrior with the skills to be very good, the 49ers took a pass catching tightens and asked him to become a blocker, he succedded on a high level. Just wait.

Just wait? still? Are you serious? How much longer we have to wait for? Who's fault will it be this year?
Share 49ersWebzone