LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 321 users in the forums

Singletary names VD offensive Captain (Full list of captains inside)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Tweet tweet

Patrick Willis, Takeo Spikes, Eric Heitmann, Justin Smith, Michael Robinson, and.....Vernon Davis
Ok Vernon go find Crabtree and shake the s**t out of him!!!
Let's just hope he can act like a captain on the field and not do any stupid s**t.
I forget if more than one captain is chosen that get to wear the patches

either way,
  • Chief
  • Veteran
Awesome!

Good for Davis.
Defensive Captain has got to be Willis...
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:
Let's just hope he can act like a captain on the field and not do any stupid s**t.

Perhaps making him captain was one way for Singletary to help him keep focused on the "team" while he is on the field. I really like Davis and think he has a great chance this year to put it all together for himself.

I am a little surprised though, considering the coaching staff have openly admitted this is going to be the Frank Gore show.
Originally posted by Chief:
Awesome!

Good for Davis.

Congrats to Vernon! Ready to see him step up big this year.
IMO it doesn't make sense to be captain if you can't run routes and you can't catch.
Its a good move by singletary because by placing more responsibility on the kid and making him captain of the team, he will have to be looking out for the good of the team, not just himself

Originally posted by IdentityCrisis:
Its a good move by singletary because by placing more responsibility on the kid and making him captain of the team, he will have to be looking out for the good of the team, not just himself

VD looking out for the team and not himself.

NICEE
good move
  • krizay
  • Veteran

This ought to be interesting!

• Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by 49erFan:
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

Perhaps making him captain was one way for Singletary to help him keep focused on the "team" while he is on the field. I really like Davis and think he has a great chance this year to put it all together for himself.

I am a little surprised though, considering the coaching staff have openly admitted this is going to be the Frank Gore show.

it's a common tactic used in team-building.

We use it in the Corp works as well. Task a disruptive team member with an authority role.
step 1 toward the hall lol
Share 49ersWebzone