LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 302 users in the forums

Something Joe Montana just said on Dan Patrick Show

Shop Find 49ers gear online
How many championships did Montana help bring to the Bay? Nuff said.
Originally posted by djfullshred:
So what. If you look at any NFL team, you have players from all over the country. Just because they become pros doesn't mean the abandon their hometown teams they have always rooted for. That would be totally unrealistic to expect of players, who are also sports fans like the rest of us.

Understandable..But to root for a team your competing for a title with? Nah, I dont like that. A lot of guys say they were fans of certain teams growing up....but they dont root for them while competing for a championship with them
Originally posted by NinerPrideinNJ:
Originally posted by valrod33:
So what. If you look at any NFL team, you have players from all over the country. Just because they become pros doesn't mean the abandon their hometown teams they have always rooted for. That would be totally unrealistic to expect of players, who are also sports fans like the rest of us.

Exactly

Wholeheartedly disagree. When you become a player, you're no longer a fan. You can go back to being a fan after your career's finished. When you're on a team, that's the one you root for.

You think a player who is a hardcore sports fan should put their feelings aside for the team they always rooted for, just so some other fans like you don't get pissy with them. That is just silly.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
f**k Joe Montana, Patrick Willis and Michale Crabtree since they are not 49er fans, im burning my montana jersey tonight that f**kin prick

Hell Yeah! Lets fill our team with a bunch of Jason Hills.

How about with a bunch of Frank Gores (Childhood 9er fan)
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:

Understandable..But to root for a team your competing for a title with? Nah, I dont like that. A lot of guys say they were fans of certain teams growing up....but they dont root for them while competing for a championship with them

When did the 49ers while Montana was playing compete with the Steelers for the Superbowl trophy? I missed that game.
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:

When did the 49ers while Montana was playing compete with the Steelers for the Superbowl trophy? I missed that game.

Every team's goal is to win a Super Bowl right? Therefore all 32 teams are competing for that right to hoist the Lombardi trophy. Not to mention te 1984 season when the only loss of the season was to Montana's beloved Steelers.
i don't give a fudge.
f**k Joe Montana, Patrick Willis and Michale Crabtree since they are not 49er fans, im burning my montana jersey tonight that f**kin prick

OMG you guyz are some babies, who cares..... imagine if you....yes you were fortunate to make a football team, .....anyway wouldn't you still root for the 49ers.....if not then you were never a true fan in the first place

and also helped Joe that the Steelers were at least in the AFC.

and one more thing, this thread brings out all the Young homers who are insecure about these two and will take any opportunity to bash Joe.

FYI, I loved both for various reasons.
Originally posted by Afrikan:
OMG you guyz are some babies, who cares..... imagine if you....yes you were fortunate to make a football team, .....anyway wouldn't you still root for the 49ers.....if not then you were never a true fan in the first place

and one more thing, this thread brings out all the Young homers who are insecure about these two and will take any opportunity to bash Joe.

Exactly! If I played for any of the other 31 teams, I would still hope the niners did well. If the team I was on played the niners, I would want to beat the niners just like any other team.

I personally want a bunch of Jose Cortez's!!!

lmao what an idiot!

No wait!!!! .......................

Give it to me..... I'll take it!
Share 49ersWebzone