LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 274 users in the forums

Something Joe Montana just said on Dan Patrick Show

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Among other things, Montana surprised me by saying that he was a Steelers fan and rooted for the Steelers WHILE he was playing for the 49ers. My thoughts were "damn, were you rooting for them when they stopped your undefeated season in 1984?" WOW. Surprising to me to say the least. How about you guys?
If so, then

I mean, he grew up in Steeler country. So of course he was a fan then. But WHILE he was a 49er?
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:
Among other things, Montana surprised me by saying that he was a Steelers fan and rooted for the Steelers WHILE he was playing for the 49ers. My thoughts were "damn, were you rooting for them when they stopped your undefeated season in 1984?" WOW. Surprising to me to say the least. How about you guys?

I guess it's fine since we have fans on this board who have rooted against the niners because he was on the opposing team.
Say it ain't so Joe. Someone has to post the video--I gotta hear it with my own ears.
Originally posted by DonJulio:
If so, then

I mean, he grew up in Steeler country. So of course he was a fan then. But WHILE he was a 49er?

Its true. He said he roots for them now, while he was playing, and he wasnted to go there when he left the Niners to retire a Steeler but they already had Neil O'Donnell
Originally posted by 49ersfansince90:

Joe is as cool as they come. It's no biggie. He gets a pass for everything.
Joe was a 49er but never a 9er at heart. You never hear him get worked up about the team the way Young does.
f**k Joe Montana, Patrick Willis and Michale Crabtree since they are not 49er fans, im burning my montana jersey tonight that f**kin prick
Originally posted by valrod33:
f**k Joe Montana, Patrick Willis and Michale Crabtree since they are not 49er fans, im burning my montana jersey tonight that f**kin prick

Hell Yeah! Lets fill our team with a bunch of Jason Hills.
So what. If you look at any NFL team, you have players from all over the country. Just because they become pros doesn't mean the abandon their hometown teams they have always rooted for. That would be totally unrealistic to expect of players, who are also sports fans like the rest of us.

Originally posted by djfullshred:
So what. If you look at any NFL team, you have players from all over the country. Just because they become pros doesn't mean the abandon their hometown teams they have always rooted for. That would be totally unrealistic to expect of players, who are also sports fans like the rest of us.

Exactly
Doesn't surprise me. Not a Montana fan to be honest with you. I was just being born during the glory years so I couldn't appreciate what he did on the field. From all the footage I've seen and things I've read, the guy seems like he's obnoxious and haughty.
BFD... Happens all the time.
tom brady was a niner fan and wanted to get drafted look how he turned out
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by djfullshred:

Exactly

Wholeheartedly disagree. When you become a player, you're no longer a fan. You can go back to being a fan after your career's finished. When you're on a team, that's the one you root for.
Share 49ersWebzone