There are 167 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Frank Gore and the 49ers are Ready to Get Physical!

Frank Gore and the 49ers are Ready to Get Physical!!! (NFL.com)

Nice article. i hope we get 200 yards rushing and 2 rushin tds vs az.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

I'll take 3 rushing TD's
Wow, did anyone watch the video? Could Deion provide any more insight and new news from the AFC and NFC West? San Diego is the easiest pick for any analyst to pick.. And I'm not surprised he didn't pick the Niners or the Rams, but I'm tired of every single analyst coming out with, "I like Matt Hasselback! The Seahawks are coming back this year!" HOW?!?!

And watch Deion's expression when Irvin doesn't pick the Cowboys for NFC East.. It's priceless.. What a bag..
Originally posted by King49er:

I'll take 3 rushing TD's

I just want a dominating performance & a win!
Originally posted by tohara3:

I'll take 3 rushing TD's

It wont be a dominating performance but we will win
This all great, but I'm having trouble believing our running game will sustain drives to the point where passing isn't necessary. Frank and company will need to get a lofty 5.5 ypc and at least 7 yards between every 1st and 2nd down.

Rather than boasting about the potential regarding the running game, I'm much more interested in the 3rd down conversion rate. TOP is critical for this team and running is 1/2 the story - or maybe 2/3rds.

[ Edited by NinerGM on Sep 10, 2009 at 07:26:20 ]
We are pretty fully staffed in the running dept but I think the acquisition of Pashos may be big. It was the one big weakness that could have hurt the niners badly if injuries hit the OL. If you have a weakened line the offense fails in both run and passing and cripple us. I think in most areas the niners have some real potential but I think another draft is needed to get to real competitive status. The need is not for just new draft picks alone IMO but the fact we need to get rid of marginal players that could hurt the team. I mean Sims, Roman, plus some others that need replacing. I do think some players will grow this year like McDonald, RJF, McKillop, Coffee and while they are raw, I think both Boone and Sheets will be real assets next year. I think the fact that rawness might keep the team from risking playing them gives me some nervousness as the team seems to lack the gumption to replace defective players on the basis of poor play is better then youth. I think I would prefer to see talented youngsters then old can't do it anymore types. I suspect many of the deadwood types will be gone during the year as the youngsters take over and the guys like Roman get phased out. I know the given reasons for keeping Curtis Taylor were his size and speed but having both Reggie who has played very and Taylor tells me Lewis and Roman will be replaced the moment they flounder and I expect by years end to see new safeties in place. That should open up some slots for guys like Boone and Sheets. I see very little gain in keeping Evans and Marques Harris and expect them to be gone also and replaced by younger versions by next year.
Originally posted by PTulini:
Frank Gore and the 49ers are Ready to Get Fysical!!! (NFL.com)

fixed
I tought it was suppose to be physical with an F
Frank Gore and the 49ers are Ready to Get Fisical!
Originally posted by OO9ers:
I tought it was suppose to be physical with an F
Frank Gore and the 49ers are Ready to Get Fisical!

nobody said anything about a second "i"

Fysical
Running is not the problem.
Originally posted by pelos21:

I'll take 3 rushing TD's

I want to smash their faces and win by 50 points or more, burn down their stadium leaving Arizona in shambles all the while breaking NFL records for yards rushing in a game by a player and team.
Originally posted by Chief:
Originally posted by pelos21:

I'll take 3 rushing TD's

I want to smash their faces and win by 50 points or more, burn down their stadium leaving Arizona in shambles all the while breaking NFL records for yards rushing in a game by a player and team.

THIS
Don't you mean Fisical?