LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 276 users in the forums

Blast from the past: power rankings

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Has anybody slapped york for firing mooch yet? I think fans are entitled one good slap and he will know why.

This could be sold as an event for one of the home games. Slap a york day!
Originally posted by crzy:
We should have never let TO go

yea.....and Jeff Garcia... that dude can still ball, hell he could probably take us to 10-6, or 11-5
Originally posted by fister30:
Has anybody slapped york for firing mooch yet? I think fans are entitled one good slap and he will know why.

In hindsight, it was definitely a very bad move. For some reason, John Dork just felt he had to make that move and he was just chomping at the bit to do so. In fact, I imagine that there could not have been anyone in New York angrier at the 9ers' comeback win against the Giants in the playoffs than York because it meant he had to put off firing Mooch for a whole extra week. In all honesty, what killed me about Mooch's final season is that no lead no matter how great was ever safe with him as coach; man, that used to just make me go crazy. On the other hand, Mooch had the ability to get a lot more out of the team than they really had, so I guess we should have been thankful that we had him as our coach. But in the end, the whole Mooch stay with the 9ers kind of turned into a marriage gone bad. It would have been best to have found a way to make it work, but it wasn't working and everybody needed to move on in different directions. And in super duper 20-20 hindsight, God Mooch should have never gotten involved with the idiots up in Detroit – talk about your all-time epic fails.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
I'd have both Jeff and TO back in a heartbeat right about now. Jeff, even in his old age is probably better than Hill.
  • kray28
  • Veteran
Originally posted by fzrdave:
Originally posted by fister30:

In hindsight, it was definitely a very bad move. For some reason, John Dork just felt he had to make that move and he was just chomping at the bit to do so. In fact, I imagine that there could not have been anyone in New York angrier at the 9ers' comeback win against the Giants in the playoffs than York because it meant he had to put off firing Mooch for a whole extra week. In all honesty, what killed me about Mooch's final season is that no lead no matter how great was ever safe with him as coach; man, that used to just make me go crazy. On the other hand, Mooch had the ability to get a lot more out of the team than they really had, so I guess we should have been thankful that we had him as our coach. But in the end, the whole Mooch stay with the 9ers kind of turned into a marriage gone bad. It would have been best to have found a way to make it work, but it wasn't working and everybody needed to move on in different directions. And in super duper 20-20 hindsight, God Mooch should have never gotten involved with the idiots up in Detroit – talk about your all-time epic fails.

So true...and so sad. That last playoff run and Mooch's swan song was so exciting too...that Giant comeback was a thriller for the ages and the last time I screamed like a child while watching a Niner game. Who knew that it was one week shy of the death of the dynasty. It definitely started with the firing of Mooch and the idiotic hiring of Erickson.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by TheSixthRing:
Thanks for bringing up the last 6+ years.... Now where'd I put that bottle of whiskey...

Look at the bright side, after that season they canned Mooch and hired Dennis Erickson and started a rebuilding plan. Instead of the normal 5 year plan it must have been a 10 year one, be patient there are still 3 years left.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

cosigned.

Sorry but at this time we can't approve you for credit. Please try again in 60 days thank you lol
Originally posted by Mex49:

How many SB has he won since leaving us?

How many times have we even seen the playoffs since he left? How many winning records have we posted since he left? How many times have we even had a respectable passing game or receiving corps since he left?

That's right, NONE.
ah yes, the days in which the 49ers were relevant...
Originally posted by islandink:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

cosigned.

Sorry but at this time we can't approve you for credit. Please try again in 60 days thank you lol

Share 49ersWebzone