There are 198 users in the forums

(Updated)Diyral Briggs passes through waivers...

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Someone mentioned on the 9ers.com board it could be for a blocking TE. Anyone know who is out there?
http://www.nfl.com/players/danielwilcox/profile?id=WIL021001

http://www.nfl.com/players/georgewrighster/profile?id=WRI007709

Wrighster, is 265 and doesn't seem like a receiving threat but at 265 should be a great blocker.

Wilcox is 250, not sure how good of a blocker he is but seems to have a decent amount of TDs.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Hmmm...Mitchell was released.Bee-rows

they must have someone in mind to fill that spot...

No doubt. If Craptree ever signs, he goes to the practice squad to learn how to be a professional!
Originally posted by BigMar:

No doubt. If Craptree ever signs, he goes to the practice squad to learn how to be a professional!

yeah, that plan is absolutely fool-proof.

Yes, because it's not like another team would claim him in about five seconds..

fail
Originally posted by PA9erFaithful:

if they did, the 9ers can put him on their active roster and thereby avoid the claim, right?

And who is going to take on his hugh salary in this cap strapped NFL?
  • dj43

if they did, the 9ers can put him on their active roster and thereby avoid the claim, right?

No, once a claim is made the team cannot respond.

But putting Crabtree on the PS would NEVER happen. He goes on the active roster and works extra hours to catch up. He gets some token minutes by the second week and go from there.
I'm glad he cleared waivers. I pretty much expected that he would, but you never know.
Originally posted by Gore_21:
The only one I don't get is Dobson Collins? Did we see anything out of him in the preseason? I know Maurice Price even had that 33 yard catch. http://www.49ers.com/team/roster/Dobson-Collins/a452de10-29c2-42ff-bdee-97edf8fab393

I guess he has some potential but you think we could have used that on another position not so stacked.

Okay, well how bout Zeigler? You think that we could have let him go since he's on(what I think) his final year as PS eligible? We have MORE THAN ENOUGH players at that position. And should Crabs finally pull his head out of his rectum, +1. I think that we could and SHOULD have moved on from the Zeigler follies. He may or may not be solid, but personally I think that PS spots should be filled with guys that have more potential to MAKE the team. Of course this kinda fits Collins as well but I would like to see Zeigler catch on with SOMEBODY rather than spend the rest of his short career on any PS. And that includes ours.

~Ceadder

• dj43
Originally posted by Ceadderman:
The only one I don't get is Dobson Collins? Did we see anything out of him in the preseason? I know Maurice Price even had that 33 yard catch. http://www.49ers.com/team/roster/Dobson-Collins/a452de10-29c2-42ff-bdee-97edf8fab393

I guess he has some potential but you think we could have used that on another position not so stacked.

Okay, well how bout Zeigler? You think that we could have let him go since he's on(what I think) his final year as PS eligible? We have MORE THAN ENOUGH players at that position. And should Crabs finally pull his head out of his rectum, +1. I think that we could and SHOULD have moved on from the Zeigler follies. He may or may not be solid, but personally I think that PS spots should be filled with guys that have more potential to MAKE the team. Of course this kinda fits Collins as well but I would like to see Zeigler catch on with SOMEBODY rather than spend the rest of his short career on any PS. And that includes ours.

~Ceadder

Collins is important on the practice squad right now because the 49ers do not want to work Bruce and Battle hard in every practice. That leaves only Hill, Morgan and Spurlock to run routes. With Zeigler out with an ankle sprain, that leaves Collins as the only other receiver for practice time.

Remember, it isn't just training camp that needs extra players. In season practices need extras as well to keep the starters fresh.
Originally posted by dj43:
Collins is important on the practice squad right now because the 49ers do not want to work Bruce and Battle hard in every practice. That leaves only Hill, Morgan and Spurlock to run routes. With Zeigler out with an ankle sprain, that leaves Collins as the only other receiver for practice time.

Remember, it isn't just training camp that needs extra players. In season practices need extras as well to keep the starters fresh.

You don't really need to have a full practice squad so he's not really a "placeholder", but Collins can be the tackling dummy on the scout team.
  • danielpritchard
  • Info N/A

No, once a claim is made the team cannot respond.

But putting Crabtree on the PS would NEVER happen. He goes on the active roster and works extra hours to catch up. He gets some token minutes by the second week and go from there.

and you know crabtree would never sign if he caught rumor of even going to the PS lol..it would hurt his rep to much
And.... we all would LOVE it!
Originally posted by Ceadderman:

~Ceadder

Very good posts. Glad to see our front office & coaches being smart & working together.
Share 49ersWebzone