There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Spencer wins #2 corner spot

curious, anyone know for sure?

And who is the first back-up behind Clements just in case he continues to give up the long ball?
Spencer wins

[ Edited by Esco on Sep 7, 2009 at 16:22:07 ]
It's pretty obvious it's Bly IMO....he started the entire preseason, Brown was hurt for about 65% of the preseason. I'm more interested in who will be the nickle Brown or Spencer.
More importantly, who is going to cover Steve Breaston?
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
More importantly, who is going to cover Steve Breaston?

Steve Breaston? Are you kidding me?
Sad to say but breaston would be our number1>
Originally posted by Izyniner:
Sad to say but breaston would be our number1>

If Breaston is so great then why is Arizona keeping Boldin?
Start both of them and bench Clements.
Originally posted by susweel:

Let's see some regular season play before we go too far.
Originally posted by susweel:

If he keeps getting scorched, move Clements to Strong Safety.
Originally posted by BigMar:
curious, anyone know for sure?

And who is the first back-up behind Clements just in case he continues to give up the long ball?

Doesn't matter. Both of these guys are going to be on the field a lot and technically could be 'starters' at the same time.

Given Singletary's penchant for veterans, plus very solid play in the preseason, the first game starting lineup will probably include Bly.
A bunch of people think moving Clements to safety is the answer. GIVE ME A BREAK. Cornerbacks don't automitically make good safeties - particularly ones that have a demonstrated knack for letting people get behing them!!
Originally posted by HearstFan:
A bunch of people think moving Clements to safety is the answer. GIVE ME A BREAK. Cornerbacks don't automitically make good safeties - particularly ones that have a demonstrated knack for letting people get behing them!!

Yeah but he is a good tackler, and very physical. I think thats why people think that.
This will be the next testing point for Sing. Will he go with Clements when he gets burned continuously or will he pull Clements and go with Brown and Bly? Nolan would leave Clements in because he is a high paid vet. Hopefully, Sing will lay down the law, play or be gone.
Originally posted by Gelder:
Originally posted by HearstFan:

Yeah but he is a good tackler, and very physical. I think thats why people think that.

Nate Clements reminds me a lot of Marquez Pope. Who was not a very good cover guy but was a good hitter. Only difference 49ers didn't pay him boat load of money.
most likely its going to be Bly, for his big play ability and experience.....

but I would have no problem if Shawnte Spencer got the gig... he had a nice quiet preseason, which imo is a good thing for a CB.

but I think he will be the nickel CB with Bly starting...which I have no problem with.

I don't think Brown is ready yet....but I do love our depth at CB.... having Brown and Hudson behind Spencer, Bly, Nate.

[ Edited by Afrikan on Sep 7, 2009 at 11:15:01 ]