LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 237 users in the forums

The positive thinking Niner Thread

Shop Find 49ers gear online
This thread is for all the positive thinkers in the zone. The niners will finish the season 10-6 and win the West. Remember how we played at the end of the season last year well that's how we're going to play every game this year. Pre-season don't mean s**t so those of you that are giving up on the season need to calm down!
No.
I POSITIVELY think they'll finish 7-9.
This thread is wasted until we win
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Silly noob we dont think positive in Ninertalk.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
10-6? We must have not been watching the same games. Even closing the season last year they unimpressively won some very close games against some poor teams. Beating a 2-14 Ram team by one point, that's something to definitely get excited about. Then on to a preseason where Shaun Hill and Alex Smith look terrible, and a roster that has only improved the back up running back and 3rd string QB position?
Off season they assembled the cheapest coaching staff in the NFL, I am still looking for something to be optimistic about, I am not there yet.
Who knows if the playoffs are in the cards for us, but I really feel as if we will have a better season than we have had in years. There are definitely some big question marks (pass rush and QB consistency), but we are very strong in some areas. I think that at the season wears on Singletary will keep these guys hungry, and a few wins will breed the confidence and winning attitude we need. Another thing is we have to compare ourselves to the competition and I am not at all sold on the NFC defending champion Cardinals(come on man this was a huge fluke, they barely cracked 500 on the season and got some breaks/played well when it mattered). Nor am I impressed with the Seahawks...Anyone that doesn't thing we have a fighting chance at least in the NFC West is way to pessimistic
Originally posted by susweel:

Thinking positively? In Niner Talk? Downright blasphemous!

But, my positive/faithful side is feeling that this team has enough direction to stay in close games and give Nedney a chance to win them for us. BUT, that's how I've felt for the past SIX seasons, so.....

WE'RE DOOMED! COACH SING DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING! RAYE SUCKS!!! ALEX SMITH IS A BUST! HILL HAS A NOODLE ARM!!! CLEAN HOUSE!!!

I'LL SEE YOU ALL IN HELL!!!!!!!
how come you Negative Nancys don't start your own thread instead of high jacking this one

10-6 looks about right

• susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by Black59Razor:
Originally posted by susweel:

Thinking positively? In Niner Talk? Downright blasphemous!

But, my positive/faithful side is feeling that this team has enough direction to stay in close games and give Nedney a chance to win them for us. BUT, that's how I've felt for the past SIX seasons, so.....

WE'RE DOOMED! COACH SING DOESN'T KNOW WHAT HE'S DOING! RAYE SUCKS!!! ALEX SMITH IS A BUST! HILL HAS A NOODLE ARM!!! CLEAN HOUSE!!!

I'LL SEE YOU ALL IN HELL!!!!!!!

Haha

Hey thats a cool name you got there. Thats an old school play call, that not many people know.
Originally posted by BobS:
10-6? We must have not been watching the same games. Even closing the season last year they unimpressively won some very close games against some poor teams. Beating a 2-14 Ram team by one point, that's something to definitely get excited about. Then on to a preseason where Shaun Hill and Alex Smith look terrible, and a roster that has only improved the back up running back and 3rd string QB position?
Off season they assembled the cheapest coaching staff in the NFL, I am still looking for something to be optimistic about, I am not there yet.

Um, you are in the wrong thread, dude!
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
This thread is for all the positive thinkers in the zone. The niners will finish the season 10-6 and win the West. Remember how we played at the end of the season last year well that's how we're going to play every game this year. Pre-season don't mean s**t so those of you that are giving up on the season need to calm down!

I'm with you, new guy.
Positive thinking is one thing, UNREALISTIC thinking is another.

Some people have TUNNEL VISION while other have BLINDERS and refuse to see the obvious.

Some will perceive the 49er's as being a force in league, while others will think that they haven't improved enough to be that force.

The first FIVE games should determine just how good they are!
Originally posted by Kauaiguy:
Positive thinking is one thing, UNREALISTIC thinking is another.

Some people have TUNNEL VISION while other have BLINDERS and refuse to see the obvious.

Some will perceive the 49er's as being a force in league, while others will think that they haven't improved enough to be that force.

The first FIVE games should determine just how good they are!

So say..we start out 1 and 4, and for the next week, I'm approaching the game with an, "I know we can win attitude"; Am I wrong for thinking that?

What pisses me off is when other so called fans try to impose their way of thinking on others, calling you stupid, dumb or a homer for not having the same point of view as they do. Interesting enough, this thread was started for positive sake, and it's already been hijacked with bs.

As far as I'm concerned, I approach every game with an positive attitude, no matter how bad the season. Those who don't like it, know what they can do.

[ Edited by ObePwnD on Sep 7, 2009 at 12:29:37 ]
Share 49ersWebzone