LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 440 users in the forums

Should we sign Garcia & boot alex?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 49forLyfe
  • Info N/A
I clearly think jazzy jeff is better than alex ( & I'm no alex hater) reality. And hell shaun 2. But let him wait in the wings. Learn our offense. He'd be a great insurance policy in case Shill can't get us over the hump. Let Nate the Great learn from the two of them & the playbook more & we'll be ready 4 the present & the future. Good move if we make it. Think the niners pull of the deal.
Yes, worst case scenario, he can't be any worse.
  • 49forLyfe
  • Info N/A
I clearly think jazzy jeff is better than alex ( & I'm no alex hater) reality. And hell shaun 2 at this pt. But let him wait in the wings. Learn our offense. He'd be a great insurance policy in case Shill can't get us over the hump. Let Nate the Great learn from the two of them & the playbook more & we'll be ready 4 the present & the future. Good move if we make it. Think the niners pull of the deal.
NO!
Get a new computer.
Don't think it will happen, but I really wouldn't mind if it did. I always liked Garcia. The guy just knows how to make plays; something Alex has not done.
Originally posted by 49forLyfe:
I clearly think jazzy jeff is better than alex ( & I'm no alex hater) reality. And hell shaun 2. But let him wait in the wings. Learn our offense. He'd be a great insurance policy in case Shill can't get us over the hump. Let Nate the Great learn from the two of them & the playbook more & we'll be ready 4 the present & the future. Good move if we make it. Think the niners pull of the deal.

As much as I like Garcia, he is not a guy you build around. Did you know he is almost 40? He is a great backup for a good team in the hunt and that is all. That is his niche now.

We have a great looking young QB in Nate Davis and a couple of years to build a new O-line for him. That is where we need to start.
  • Dino
  • Veteran
two of the same threads?

Originally posted by Dino:
two of the same threads?

lol
Originally posted by Dino:
two of the same threads?

Duplicity.

Garcia doesn't have much left in the tank. He brings experience, but I just don't think he'd bring anymore than Alex would. I think Alex, if he starts games later in the season, is going to wind up playing far better than many would expect.

He's going to settle in, and do fine if he needs to play.

Garcia will go somewhere, but probably not here.
He isn't a Niner, so this should be talked about in Free Agency.
http://www.49erswebzone.com/forum/thread.php?num=129304
Share 49ersWebzone