LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 284 users in the forums

Who is a more talented back?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who is a more talented back?

I think cutting Kory Sheet was a mistake as he showed burst and elusiveness to make tacklers miss for big gains. I haven't seen anything close to what Kory has shown coming from Michael Robinson. I think the only reason Michael Robinson stays is that they like his personality, and is a good guy to have in the locker room. I don't get it.
isnt there a thread for this already??
  • krizay
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Mondini7:
I think cutting Kory Sheet was a mistake as he showed burst and elusiveness to make tacklers miss for big gains. I haven't seen anything close to what Kory has shown coming from Michael Robinson. I think the only reason Michael Robinson stays is that they like his personality, and is a good guy to have in the locker room. I don't get it.

Kory Sheets may be the more natural runner, but Robinson is the better football player. I notice you failed to mention that Robinson is a near pro-bowl level special teams player and the captain of our special teams squad.

If you think that professional football teams keep guys around based solely on their personalities, you really don't understand the game.
I think the only reason Michael Robinson stays is that they like his personality, and is a good guy to have in the locker room. I don't get it.

You think Robinson is on the team because he's congenial?

Here's a guide to answering your own question:

1) How many carries does the average 3rd string RB in the NFL get a year?

Once you have a good estimate for this #, answer the following question:

2) What skills does Michael Robinson provide the team beyond carrying ball versus the skills Sheets provides the team beyond running the ball? Feel free to list these out in two columns.

Now you have an answer to your question.
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:
I think the only reason Michael Robinson stays is that they like his personality, and is a good guy to have in the locker room. I don't get it.

You think Robinson is on the team because he's congenial?

Here's a guide to answering your own question:

1) How many carries does the average 3rd string RB in the NFL get a year?

Once you have a good estimate for this #, answer the following question:

2) What skills does Michael Robinson provide the team beyond carrying ball versus the skills Sheets provides the team beyond running the ball? Feel free to list these out in two columns.

Now you have an answer to your question.

Originally posted by ruthless49er:
isnt there a thread for this already??

who cares ?
MRob. He's much more versatile.
Share 49ersWebzone