There are 158 users in the forums

If/When Crabtree Signs, Who Get's Cut?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Jason Hill or Michael Spurlock would be the obvious choice, but do you think there's an outside chance of Brandon Jones, Arnaz Battle or even Isaac Bruce being cut?

Hill and Spurlock have upside. Hill has made steady improvement and is only entering his 3rd season. Spurlock can be our KR/PR of the future and is more than servicable as a WR.

Arnaz is a skilled veteran who will contribute in the slot. Bruce lead us in receiving last year and would be a great player for Crabtree to study.

And then there's Brandon Jones. From what I've read, he's a good blocker, who can stretch the field. However, he also has a history of injuries. Jones will never be a #1 and may never be a true #2 either.

I'm sure most of us are hoping that we do sign Crabtree and soon. Now let's discuss who gets the boot if/when he signs. Keep in mind that sending a player who's not a WR to the P-Squad means that we're carrying 7 WR's.

[ Edited by doc_brown_ on Sep 6, 2009 at 17:33:31 ]
Possibly Briggs if Brooks is healthy by the time Crabtree signs . . . otherwise I think it has to be Spurlock or Hill.
What makes you honestly believe, at this point he is going to sign?
Hill. No question. Spurlock is our backup KR man. Hill nor Spurlock will touch the field as a WR when crabtree signs. So keep our backup KR man. Bye Bye Hill. Sorry. I htink we get Brandon Jones before Crabtree. We need an explosive player on O
IBTM
They'd probably cut a practice squad player then attempt to move someone from the 53 man squad to PS.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
IBTM

What does IBTM mean?
Originally posted by XrayEcho:
They'd probably cut a practice squad player then attempt to move someone from the 53 man squad to PS.

Right...but who get's moved to the PS?
Originally posted by doc_brown_:
IBTM

What does IBTM mean?

In Before The Mod?
Originally posted by English:
IBTM

What does IBTM mean?

In Before The Mod?

In Before The Merge

Originally posted by English:
IBTM

What does IBTM mean?

In Before The Mod?

Merge.
Originally posted by Dem9erboyz:
Hill. No question. Spurlock is our backup KR man. Hill nor Spurlock will touch the field as a WR when crabtree signs. So keep our backup KR man. Bye Bye Hill. Sorry. I htink we get Brandon Jones before Crabtree. We need an explosive player on O

i think spurlock goes, battle and robinson are KR's too.
LOL Jones just signed a 5 yr contract. I don't think he's going anywhere anytime soon.

Arnaz Battle has outperformed Hill and Spurlock.

Isaac Bruce is a starter and our #1 receiver.

It's a coin flip between Hill and Spurlock.

-9fA
roman
Jason Hill or Michael Spurlock would be the obvious choice, but do you think there's an outside chance of Brandon Jones, Arnaz Battle or even Isaac Bruce being cut?

Hill and Spurlock have upside. Hill has made steady improvement and is only entering his 3rd season. Spurlock can be our KR/PR of the future and is more than servicable as a WR.

Arnaz is a skilled veteran who will contribute in the slot. Bruce lead us in receiving last year and would be a great player for Crabtree to study.

This leaves us with Brandon Jones. From what I've read, he's a good run blocker, who can stretch the field. However, he also has a history of injuries. Jones will never be a #1 and may never be a premier #2 either.

I'm sure most of us are hoping that we do sign Crabtree and soon. Now let's discuss who gets the boot if/when he signs.

Jones? Seriously?
Share 49ersWebzone