There are 120 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade?

Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
We build through the draft...dope

and thats workin out so great for us....ha you need a good mixture of draft picks and free agents.. free agemts are proven players..we should trade more..we should be trading the 3rd 4rth and fifth round picks ..you could get quality players for them...and how often do those draft picks ever even start
hmmm how is this for a trade
We trade the rights to Crabtree for to the Raiders for Richard Seymour. Crazy enough to work. Crabtree gets selected by the team who should have selected him and the 9ers get the Desperate Pass Rush that we need.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't the Raiders have a fair shot of picking Crabtree if they wanted him?
WHY....Cuz our management SUCK$!!!! Scotty is horrible!!!! Never makes trades drafts poorly and reefuses to admit mistakes and move on ..ala alex smith..why dont we have a good QB come here to compete... why dont we have good number one picks?? wHy dont we do trades ? WHy Cuz our GM sucks Jed has to be more like Eddie and start getting GOOD managers how bout shanahan or holmegren
Im sick of the poor product my niners kick out ever year....whats the differrence between this year and last? Coffee? A Tackle pick-up from wavier wire?? What else?? We can even get our number one pick in cuz coach singletart want to run run run punt!
What QB or WR wants that? Im sorry i love my team and will root my heart out but our management SUCK$!
I really hope if Crabs don't work out we holler at either SD for Merriman or Carolina and grab Peppers because a wasted first rounder is just crazy at least let him be a bust but to not even hit the field!!!!
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:
I really hope if Crabs don't work out we holler at either SD for Merriman or Carolina and grab Peppers because a wasted first rounder is just crazy at least let him be a bust but to not even hit the field!!!!

We would not be able to trade for them by the time March comes for they will be free agents.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
Originally posted by SF2AZNiner:

We would not be able to trade for them by the time March comes for they will be free agents.

I wanna trade for Merriman this year. Hopefully the Chargers start off slow or Larry English comes out hot & gives them chance to trade Merriman.
Originally posted by BillWalsh:
Originally posted by CorvaNinerFan:
Teams like the Pats can pull off trades like the Seymour deal because they're dealing from a position of strength. Belichick knows when it's time to part ways with players...he understands while Seymour's still a good player, he's past his prime, therefore his value will continue to decline. Getting a #1 pick, even in the 2011 draft was an excellent deal for the Pats. Da Raidas are stuck with a guy who'll be a FA next year...and most likely won't sign with them. Why would Seymour want to play the rest of his career in Oakland...he won't, so this deal will be just the latest one to blow up in Al Davis' face.

I wouldn't say Seymour is past his prime. he's 30 and had his career high in sacks last year with 8 in a 3-4 defense and usually is double teamed on run plays. NE obviously felt like they weren't going to be able to re-sign him and wanted some cap space but I wouldn't say his play has declined and probably won't for a few more years.

What Belichick understands is 'Buy low, sell high'. Every other coach or GM in the league is so worried that they'll get fired after one bad season that they don't have the luxury of trading away pro-bowl DL in their prime.

That trade will hurt them this year, but it's a tremendous long term move for them. I think (hope?) McC understands this. The draft this year seemed to involve more long-term thinking than previous drafts. Trading for another first in 2010 when nothing was available and drafting BPA for a position that wasn't a need takes a considerable amount of discipline in today's NFL.

I don't know why they waited until this year. Maybe Nolan was such a stressball that he couldn't think more than a season ahead or maybe McC is learning. Lets hope he keeps it up and that it wasn't a fluke.
Originally posted by tohara3:
Wow. . Come on week 1

I feel your pain Come on Week 1 lol

Too much not enough hitting going on.

Bring on the Cardnals I'm ready to see P Willy and D Goldson crush anyone willing to come across the middle. Bring the pain Niners
Originally posted by 9erfreak:
Originally posted by tohara3:
Wow. . Come on week 1

I feel your pain Come on Week 1 lol

Too much not enough hitting going on.

Bring on the Cardnals I'm ready to see P Willy and D Goldson crush anyone willing to come across the middle. Bring the pain Niners

Damn rite!
Originally posted by 49erman5692:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I do think we could send Carolina's 1st back inexchange for Peppers.

We need a pass-rush DESPERATELY!

or save it and get Taylor Mays

We got him, but with a 2nd round pick.