There are 238 users in the forums

Trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by jonomax:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I do think we could send Carolina's 1st back inexchange for Peppers.

We need a pass-rush DESPERATELY!

It would take at least 2 first rounders to get peppers from Carolina. Peppers is a young player with DMV potential. We should have tried to trade for Burgess, Oakland let him go for a fairly low price considering his upside

Do you mean MVP?
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Because our GM is an idiot
  • JDog
  • Veteran
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

It would take at least 2 first rounders to get peppers from Carolina. Peppers is a young player with DMV potential. We should have tried to trade for Burgess, Oakland let him go for a fairly low price considering his upside

Do you mean MVP?

Maybe he means he can would work for the Dept of Motor Vehicle in Santa Clare when we retires......
Originally posted by JDog:
Originally posted by wysiwyg:

Do you mean MVP?

Maybe he means he can would work for the Dept of Motor Vehicle in Santa Clare when we retires......

lol....oww...my stomach hurts!...

Yah...our GM needs to be scrutnized.

How come we were willing to spend $80 million on a proven CB (nate clements), but we don't spend the money to find a proven franchise QB.

I rather find a CB from the draft, and trade/sign for a proven QB that can take this franchise to the next level. i.e. cutler
There are different kinds of trades...they made a big one when they got next year's 2nd #1 pick. We could come out of the next draft with one of the best pass rushers and a NT, both needs that could really propel our D to the next level. The Raiders did get Seymour...still a good player, but probably on the downhill side of his career. The cost was high...a 1st rd pick in 2011. The Pats are among the elite teams in the league...which is why they can make a trade like that. Oh yeah...and plus the fact they know Wilfork is a FA after this season and they want to retain him.

Why trade the pick when Peppers will be a free agent again next year? There is no way they will franchise him again at $16 million or whatever he is earning this year.
Originally posted by m_brockalexander:

Why trade the pick when Peppers will be a free agent again next year? There is no way they will franchise him again at $16 million or whatever he is earning this year.

I pretty sure that, before you finalize a trade for franchise player, you can negotiate a new contract with him.
  • Rylet
  • Info N/A
Maybe I'm just being a realist here, but do you have any clue how hard it is too pull of a trade in the NFL. Especially when that trade is for a Pass Rusher (either an End or OLB). Your all acting like our GM is just sitting in Santa Clara drinking a margarita. Pass Rushers, left tackles, Qb's, and CB's are the four most desired positions on an NFL roster. That’s why it is very rare that you ever see those positions traded. In the case of Seymour it’s all about the money, they simply don't want to pay him what he is going to be worth next year. The Panther's aren't going to just give up Pepper's for 1st rounder, that was made pretty obvious when they took the 16 million dollar cap hit to Franchise him. The reality is we have to get better through the draft, and even if we haven't been perfect in the first round we have made some great picks in rounds 2 through 6...which is how you build a team. Frank Gore, Chilo, Haralson, Goldson, Morgan, Jason Hill, Baas, and Snyder have all contributed, and were not overpaying for a single one of them. Also, somebody said Willis was the only stud we've drafted in the first round, that is not true at all. The guy we drafted in that same year VIA TRADE, Joe Staley has been a pretty big stud. Having not missed a game yet in his career and starting as a book end tackle on both sides. I'm not saying we don't need to get better rushing the QB, I'm just saying it isn't as easy as everyone is claiming.
Originally posted by Rylet:
Maybe I'm just being a realist here, but do you have any clue how hard it is too pull of a trade in the NFL. Especially when that trade is for a Pass Rusher (either an End or OLB). Your all acting like our GM is just sitting in Santa Clara drinking a margarita. Pass Rushers, left tackles, Qb's, and CB's are the four most desired positions on an NFL roster. That’s why it is very rare that you ever see those positions traded. In the case of Seymour it’s all about the money, they simply don't want to pay him what he is going to be worth next year. The Panther's aren't going to just give up Pepper's for 1st rounder, that was made pretty obvious when they took the 16 million dollar cap hit to Franchise him. The reality is we have to get better through the draft, and even if we haven't been perfect in the first round we have made some great picks in rounds 2 through 6...which is how you build a team. Frank Gore, Chilo, Haralson, Goldson, Morgan, Jason Hill, Baas, and Snyder have all contributed, and were not overpaying for a single one of them. Also, somebody said Willis was the only stud we've drafted in the first round, that is not true at all. The guy we drafted in that same year VIA TRADE, Joe Staley has been a pretty big stud. Having not missed a game yet in his career and starting as a book end tackle on both sides. I'm not saying we don't need to get better rushing the QB, I'm just saying it isn't as easy as everyone is claiming.

i agree..... BUILD THRU THE DRAFT

• trellblaze1
  • Info N/A
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
I don't think the 49ers should trade for anyone at this time. We are not in a position to get a fair trade. When you NEED something badly and the rest of the league knows it, you overpay for it. Not worth it.

However; with that said, my faith in Scot is dwindling. He traded what would have been Everette Brown (3 sacks this preseason) for a first next year. Now that sounds great, having 2 first round picks in a talent rich draft, but we have Scot drafting them. I have been less than impressed with his tract record of drafting and free agent acquisitions.

If Mike Holmgren wants to be an NFL GM, I hope Jed York pulls the trigger.

Why are people so enamored with Holmgren? I think people are stuck in the Holmgren's-Packers-Used-To-Beat-The-s**t-Out-Of-Us years. Seattle went to a SB, yes, but they've never been all that good...even the superbowl year they were an average team that had many things go right for them at the right times.

His track record as a GM is bad enough that he had to step down from it. Holmgren's day is done....let it go...
Originally posted by Daniel2778:
Its bc our GM is an idiot and thinks he can build through the draft by drafting bad players

Originally posted by susweel:
Because our GM is an idiot

I know, I know, if you look at Walsh's drafts, most of them were starters, traded for 1'st round picks, or Hofers.
The only trade I want right now is for a pass rusher. At this point gonna have to wait for the draft.
Originally posted by dwats49:
How come the niners never pull off any trades. We all know that we need help on our pass rush, and now you have the raiders trading for richard seymore for a draft pick 2 years from now. "this is starting to piss me off"
i dont think management wants to win

You wouldn't think management wanted to win if they traded for Seymour and then next year aren't able to resign him because he is in the last year of his contract and decides to sign back with the pats.
Share 49ersWebzone