LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 232 users in the forums

Trade?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
I do think we could send Carolina's 1st back inexchange for Peppers.

We need a pass-rush DESPERATELY!

It would take at least 2 first rounders to get peppers from Carolina. Peppers is a young player with DMV potential. We should have tried to trade for Burgess, Oakland let him go for a fairly low price considering his upside
Originally posted by Afrikan:
Originally posted by Psinex:
Originally posted by ddc58:
You mean you'd like the niners to get ripped off just like that raiders always do? If the NFL had a trade veto rule like in fantasy, then all of the raiders trades would get vetoed!

First the Raiders give, yes give, Randy Moss to the Patriots for...was it a 4th or 6th round pick? And then they trade their 1st (yet another for the Pats) to the Patriots for a guy in his contract year (read: rental)? How stupid are these people?

hey bro....we traded our second best receiver of all time (stat wise) and our huge playmaker (where as Randay wasn't making plays in Oakland)....also a player that helped our running game......all for a 5th round pick and Brandon Whiting.

some can think T.O. was bad for the team....well Moss quit on the Raiders...and atleast T.O. was still making plays, even though Jeff was his QB.

Jeez....

I'm SOOOOOOO sick of this one.

You make it sound like the were no special circumstances surrounding that one. You are leaving out the fact that TO was supposed to be a free agent, had filed a grievance with the league to be declared a free agent after the Niners traded to Baltimore him for a second round pick, and the NFL was afraid he would win the grievance which would open pandoras box with the CBA.

The NFL ASKED THE 49ERS AND EAGLES TO WORK OUT A DEAL BEFORE A DECISION COULD BE REACHED BY THE ARBITRATOR SO THE 49ERS LOST ALMOST ALL LEVERAGE.

THATS why the Niners ended up with so little. In actuality tho, they should have gotten NOTHING in return because TO was supposed to be a free agent.

LET....IT...GO...
Originally posted by Marvin49:
You mean you'd like the niners to get ripped off just like that raiders always do? If the NFL had a trade veto rule like in fantasy, then all of the raiders trades would get vetoed!

First the Raiders give, yes give, Randy Moss to the Patriots for...was it a 4th or 6th round pick? And then they trade their 1st (yet another for the Pats) to the Patriots for a guy in his contract year (read: rental)? How stupid are these people?

hey bro....we traded our second best receiver of all time (stat wise) and our huge playmaker (where as Randay wasn't making plays in Oakland)....also a player that helped our running game......all for a 5th round pick and Brandon Whiting.

some can think T.O. was bad for the team....well Moss quit on the Raiders...and atleast T.O. was still making plays, even though Jeff was his QB.

Jeez....

You make it sound like the were no special circumstances surrounding that one. You are leaving out the fact that TO was supposed to be a free agent, had filed a grievance with the league to be declared a free agent after the Niners traded to Baltimore him for a second round pick, and the NFL was afraid he would win the grievance which would open pandoras box with the CBA.

The NFL ASKED THE 49ERS AND EAGLES TO WORK OUT A DEAL BEFORE A DECISION COULD BE REACHED BY THE ARBITRATOR SO THE 49ERS LOST ALMOST ALL LEVERAGE.

THATS why the Niners ended up with so little. In actuality tho, they should have gotten NOTHING in return because TO was supposed to be a free agent.

LET....IT...GO...

Hear, hear!
Its bc our GM is an idiot and thinks he can build through the draft by drafting bad players
  • Nabisko
  • Info N/A

Jeez....

LET....IT...GO...

Originally posted by dwats49:
How come the niners never pull off any trades. We all know that we need help on our pass rush, and now you have the raiders trading for richard seymore for a draft pick 2 years from now. "this is starting to piss me off"
i dont think management wants to win

Seymour wouldnt get double digit sacks anyway. Unless he gets 30 sacks a year he wouldnt be welcome on niner talk
Seymour is much better than anything we got and would solidify the Dline with Justin Smith. Yeh we would have spent some big dough but in order to fix our D i'd say money well spent it's not like we get bonus points for being under the cap why not pay him big money this year and next and take the cap hit now when we have money and not back load it. Makes too much sense for Scotty McJackass it's not like he's gonna use those 2 picks right next year either.

Jeez....

LET....IT...GO...

oh I know...It was an imbarresment to the 49ers F.O. and I was laughing my arse off for the FO got what they deserved for trying to be slick...

I was just trying to let that other poster know that we f'd up on a trade as well....but more so we put our selves in a f'd up situation...

It shouldn't have came down to us trying to trade T.O.... we should have extended his contract when we had a chance....but that is for another thread....

the 49ers underestimated T.O.'s value to the team.....so, imo we handled it wrong.

Al Davis has said that he did not want to trade Randy for a 4th round pick...but that Lane Kifffin felt he couldn't work things out with Randy and that they would be fine without him....Al has said he regrets caving in for his coach.

again...imo, the Raiders underestimated Moss' *potential* value to the team... I think if they would have been alittle more patient, things could have worked out.
Originally posted by GONINERS09:
Seymour is much better than anything we got and would solidify the Dline with Justin Smith. Yeh we would have spent some big dough but in order to fix our D i'd say money well spent it's not like we get bonus points for being under the cap why not pay him big money this year and next and take the cap hit now when we have money and not back load it. Makes too much sense for Scotty McJackass it's not like he's gonna use those 2 picks right next year either.

It isn't a question of the dough. A first round pick for a guy in the final year of his contract! No thanks. The pick is in 2011 and he could be back with NE by then!
Originally posted by English:
Originally posted by GONINERS09:

It isn't a question of the dough. A first round pick for a guy in the final year of his contract! No thanks. The pick is in 2011 and he could be back with NE by then!

He is also 30 years old and on the downside of his career. A 1st round pick should give you 5-6 good to pro bowl years Seymour has maybe 3 years left in the tank?

actually it's good we didn't trade for seympour. why? he's in the final year of his contract and i bet the whole world he wont resign with oakland. he will have a pretty good yr not great then bolt for more money after the season. hats off to the patriots for doing this trade, especially if there is a rookie cap which there most likely will be ib 2011. hats off to the pats!!!
Did the Raiders just release Garcia??? They sure are taking chances with their offense before the season starts. They need more help than anybody. The Seymour trade might be desparation, as everybody in preseason ran them over.

[ Edited by TheCatch on Sep 7, 2009 at 08:45:48 ]
I don't think the 49ers should trade for anyone at this time. We are not in a position to get a fair trade. When you NEED something badly and the rest of the league knows it, you overpay for it. Not worth it.

However; with that said, my faith in Scot is dwindling. He traded what would have been Everette Brown (3 sacks this preseason) for a first next year. Now that sounds great, having 2 first round picks in a talent rich draft, but we have Scot drafting them. I have been less than impressed with his tract record of drafting and free agent acquisitions.

If Mike Holmgren wants to be an NFL GM, I hope Jed York pulls the trigger.
The 9ers should always be open to make trades, but the trade for Seymour from the point of view of the Raiders was a very bad trade IMHO. They gave up a lot for a player in his final year of his contract. Unless they can sign him to a longer contract (and he's not getting any younger), then that trade is probably going to blow up in their faces. Trades just to make trades are not a good idea.
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
I find it amazing how GM's see draft picks as so valuable, but they are more of a gamble than anything else.

Agreed, Lets look at proven players
Share 49ersWebzone