There are 78 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Trade?

Originally posted by ddc58:
You mean you'd like the niners to get ripped off just like that raiders always do? If the NFL had a trade veto rule like in fantasy, then all of the raiders trades would get vetoed!

First the Raiders give, yes give, Randy Moss to the Patriots for...was it a 4th or 6th round pick? And then they trade their 1st (yet another for the Pats) to the Patriots for a guy in his contract year (read: rental)? How stupid are these people?
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by dirtysouthniner:
I find it amazing how GM's see draft picks as so valuable, but they are more of a gamble than anything else.

No. They are valuable because it is the best way to build a team.

ya but based off of our track record our 1st round picks for a 10% success ratio. our first rounders suck and we should trade them! only first rounder that is even close to be considered a real first rounder stud was prolly patrick willis!
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Originally posted by Schulzy:
I find it amazing how GM's see draft picks as so valuable, but they are more of a gamble than anything else.

No. They are valuable because it is the best way to build a team as long as you know what you are doing with them.

Fixed.

True.
We need Julius Peppers. Give them Manny Lawson and some picks.
I do think we could send Carolina's 1st back inexchange for Peppers.

We need a pass-rush DESPERATELY!

There is no way to know how Peppers would do standing up in a 3-4.
Originally posted by jreff22:

Well he's proven he can rush the passer. He can't be any worse than Manny Lawson.
Originally posted by socal81:
We build through the draft...dope

That's unfortunate because we do so good drafting 1st round d-lineman(Balmer)

Give Balmer time.... it is very hard to come into the League as a DT and be very productive your first year... now its his second year and we will see what hes got
Originally posted by WheresWaldo:
Originally posted by jreff22:

Well he's proven he can rush the passer. He can't be any worse than Manny Lawson.

Any worse with a $10mill price tag is a big gamble.
You mean you'd like the niners to get ripped off just like that raiders always do? If the NFL had a trade veto rule like in fantasy, then all of the raiders trades would get vetoed!

LOL

When I saw that the Raiders traded a #1 pick for a 30 year old DE with one year remaining on his contract I thought someone in that organization might want to have Al Davis' legal mental capacity challenged. When your parents start doing stupid s**t like that you take the car keys away.

-9fA
Originally posted by Psinex:

First the Raiders give, yes give, Randy Moss to the Patriots for...was it a 4th or 6th round pick? And then they trade their 1st (yet another for the Pats) to the Patriots for a guy in his contract year (read: rental)? How stupid are these people?

hey bro....we traded our second best receiver of all time (stat wise) and our huge playmaker (where as Randay wasn't making plays in Oakland)....also a player that helped our running game......all for a 5th round pick and Brandon Whiting.

some can think T.O. was bad for the team....well Moss quit on the Raiders...and atleast T.O. was still making plays, even though Jeff was his QB.
Or maybe we can go back and rebuild thru the draft, take Orakpo over Crabtree
Originally posted by bigmike55:
money money money... MONEY!! do you know how much the raiders are going to have to pay seymour? probably a lot. The niners already threw down a lot of money on a few players the last few years. clements with his 80 mill, justin smith, and a few others.

i would prefer building through the draft. We have two first rounders next year. we can spend both of them on pass rushers if need be. I don't see any trades happening for now.

McCloughan had PLENTY of drafts to get a pass-rusher and didn't do it. Let's face it: his record on first-rounders is ABYSMAL!

What are the odds of him finding a GAME-CHANGER like Peppers in the draft (based on his track record)? To me, that trade is a no-brainer.

I totaly agree with statement above. The ONLY thing left on D is pass rush. Add Peppers and thats our missing peice. Only thing left is to get Crabtree in! We need that same explosive play on O. Gore is our only threat on O.
Wow. . Come on week 1
Originally posted by Faithful1978:
Or maybe we can go back and rebuild thru the draft, take Orakpo over Crabtree

Orakpo coming off a full training camp sure would like nice right now.