There are 234 users in the forums

1989 NFC championship game on youtube but shh... those NFL guys are like the KGB

Shop Find 49ers gear online
enjoy here

Here's more:

http://www.youtube.com/user/acetrain81

49Fever, is that your Youtube page?
Originally posted by IWASATTHECATCH:

Here's more:

http://www.youtube.com/user/acetrain81

49Fever, is that your Youtube page?

no i'm just scanning youtube regularly cos i'm living outside the US and have small access to the NFL and my beloved niners
  • ZRF80
Great videos.

When comparing the best Niner teams of all time, everyone is quick to point to the 1989 vs. 1994 squads. After watching this video of the NFC Championship game, I gotta say.....if you pinned THESE 1989 49ers (that played the Rams) vs. the 1994 NFC Championship squad (that played the Cowboys), the 1994 squad would win BIG.

No doubt the 1989 squad was dominant, but you can clearly see how Jim Everett found ways to pick them apart at times (with a no-name squad). The 94 squad, on the other hand, manhandled Aikman (HOF), Irvin (HOF), Smith (HOF), etc. without reserve.

It's close, but in my book........the 1994 squad was the most dominant we had.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Originally posted by ZRF80:
Great videos.

When comparing the best Niner teams of all time, everyone is quick to point to the 1989 vs. 1994 squads. After watching this video of the NFC Championship game, I gotta say.....if you pinned THESE 1989 49ers (that played the Rams) vs. the 1994 NFC Championship squad (that played the Cowboys), the 1994 squad would win BIG.

No doubt the 1989 squad was dominant, but you can clearly see how Jim Everett found ways to pick them apart at times (with a no-name squad). The 94 squad, on the other hand, manhandled Aikman (HOF), Irvin (HOF), Smith (HOF), etc. without reserve.

I take it you are too young to remember the 1984 team?
  • ZRF80
Originally posted by BobS:
Great videos.

I take it you are too young to remember the 1984 team?

Yes, I am. Generally speaking, however, Ive noticed that the 1984 team is very underrated when it comes to all-time great teams. I think it's because they are shuffled in between the first SB team (1981) and the 1989 squad. From the old timers like yourself, Ive been told that the 1989 team could not match the 1984 team.

I still go with the 94 squad.........
Yeah, the best way to keep it quiet would be to start a thread on it, stating what it is in the thread title, on the largest 49er site on the Internet.
Originally posted by StOnEy333:
Yeah, the best way to keep it quiet would be to start a thread on it, stating what it is in the thread title, on the largest 49er site on the Internet.

i hope you saw the irony i put in the title

No ?
Originally posted by 49Fever:
enjoy here

Cool. Watching now. That game pretty much led to this...

Originally posted by Hornblower:
enjoy here

did he said "s**tbag chris everett" or what ?????
why that kind of comment ? someone can explain to me ?

Great videos.

I guess you never saw the 1989 team. Actually there are several HOF TEAMS in 1989. Its OK... The young ones always think that 1994 was the best. In reality everybody was relieved that we finally won one again. We thought Young was never going to win one.
"SAME OL' SORRY-ASS LAMBS!"
Originally posted by Hornblower:
enjoy here

did he said "s**tbag chris everett" or what ?????
why that kind of comment ? someone can explain to me ?

The guy talking trash is Jim Rome. He was calling Jim Everett by the name of Chris Evert on his radio show. Chis Evert was a female tennis player at the time. So basically he was calling him a puzzy. Then they met up for this discussion.
  • SerJerryofRice
  • Info N/A
Gasp, but where are the commercials! I want to see what kind of cars they're selling (I love seeing how most cars had an estimated 35-40 mpg back then) and the corny beer slogans! That's what makes these worth hard drive space. Though I only skimmed through these as I was downloading them, as I plan on watching them at my leisure sometime later, so I could have missed "Everything you want in a beer. And less." I wish the 5 "complete" Super Bowls would have pregame and postgame and commercials included.

It's good to see Ronnie Lott prove how valuable he was to this team. A lot of people seem to forget that he was the heart and soul of the defense just as Montana was the heart and soul of the offense. Stupid plan-B free agency. We would have won another Super Bowl, maybe more, if we had kept him protected, even with Montana injured imo. Montana might have not ended up in Kansas City, either.

To add to the discussion, I would take the 1984 team's defense. They shut down Marino, and were a large part of why we almost went undefeated (and the first team to go 18-1 and win the Super Bowl ... lol Patriots and Tom Brady lol ...)

BTW, thanks to the original uploader.
Share 49ersWebzone