There are 266 users in the forums

The Roster List (53 Man)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by mayo63:
Man, we only have 3 OT on the team.

Pray. Just pray neither of them get hurt and miss time or the season is over - or worse that they BOTH need to be out at the same time.

Again - epic FAIL by the GM in this area.

EPIC.

FAIL.

It's not completely his fault that Marvel Smith decided to retire before the season started, is it?

Don't worry, Barry Sims is a powerhouse on the bench...
Originally posted by oldninerdude:
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
we kept 53 i beleive, i forgot Taylor, my bad, slap me, spank me, just dont kill me, lol.

And you had Walt Harris on the list (IR) and forgot MacDonald.

Oh Noes, i about to be beaten, oh well, i deserve, Please GIVE ME YOUR BEST SHOT,

Pray. Just pray neither of them get hurt and miss time or the season is over - or worse that they BOTH need to be out at the same time.

EPIC.

FAIL.

Not really following your logic here. You think Boone should have made the squad, or you want them to sign someone else. My guess is that after Marvel retired unexpectedly they want to pick someone else up after today.

The only thing to worry about (given that Sims can backup both spots) is if both Snyder and Staley got injured in the same game.

What's the fail exactly?
Rossum and/or Spurlock over Sheets is only thing I don't like.

We'll probably put a couple on the PS don't you think?
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:

EPIC.

FAIL.

It's not completely his fault that Marvel Smith decided to retire before the season started, is it?

No, but it's his fault for going after a guy with a bad back and assuming he would be the starter.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:

Agree. I don't think Sheets is going to clear waivers.
We should have kept A. Smith or M. Rob and kept Sheets!

We already know they (Smith & MROB) are garbage, Sheets had more potential than both put together!
Sheets had 39 carries for 177 yards... 4.53 YPC

Yeah, how could that help us win?

I love it that people are so butt hurt over Sheets. Dude was a UDFA, played well against 3rd stringers, and would not have even suited up on Sundays with Gore and Coffee doing the running, and Robinson playing special teams and rossum/spurlok handling return duties. If Sheets gets claimed somewhere, then I will be a tiny bit upset, but if he makes it to our PS, no harm done.

Rossum = probowl kick returner. we don't have anybody else who can return on the team.

Spurlock = wildcat, wr, and special teams. We need WRs right now b/c of crabs and jones, and he brings added value running the wildcat and on special teams units.

Kory Sheets: why? Gore and Coffee are going to get all the carries, he serves no value on special teams, and he's a liability in pass protection. What's the scenario in which he'd even see the field?
Originally posted by PopeyeJonesing:

Rossum = probowl kick returner. we don't have anybody else who can return on the team.

Spurlock = wildcat, wr, and special teams. We need WRs right now b/c of crabs and jones, and he brings added value running the wildcat and on special teams units.

Kory Sheets: why? Gore and Coffee are going to get all the carries, he serves no value on special teams, and he's a liability in pass protection. What's the scenario in which he'd even see the field?

Originally posted by Sactown49er:
I love it that people are so butt hurt over Sheets. Dude was a UDFA, played well against 3rd stringers, and would not have even suited up on Sundays with Gore and Coffee doing the running, and Robinson playing special teams and rossum/spurlok handling return duties. If Sheets gets claimed somewhere, then I will be a tiny bit upset, but if he makes it to our PS, no harm done.

Exactly.
I was excited to see Sheets play as much as anyone, but it would have been tough for Sheets to get very many carries. Raye already said Gore was the centerpiece, and then Coffee was spelling him. How would holding a spot on the 53-man for a guy who might get a carry or two a game help the team win? He has loads of potential and looks good, but I think he was just a victim of the numbers game.

I wonder if this point comes across better with the more smileys and exclamation marks.
  • Crown
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by mike9er:
not too happy with the cuts! i just hope we find some gems and shore up the o-line and pass rush.

gems? Cut?

Who cuts gems?
Share 49ersWebzone