There are 247 users in the forums

The Roster List (53 Man)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • dj43
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Got to love how everyone jumps to conclusions.

The sky is falling the sky is falling...we cut Kory Sheets!

Do we know why ? No. Until we do we should wait and see what the thinking and rationale is.

Good job overreacting as usual 9er talk!

My guess is that they feel Sheets will get through waivers and onto the practice squad. OTOH, someone with the size and speed of Curtis Taylor will get picked by someone else.

Though I made a sarcastic comment about power running (it isn't very entertaining), I would be truly shocked if the 49ers do not try to get him back on the PS. He did some good things with the ball. However, he did get schooled big time against the Cowboys in blitz pickups and pass protection.
  • B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by B650:
Mitchell? Wasn't he the one with a sack and forced fumble? He gets cut? Wow, our pass rush is going to be amazing this year.

Oh noes...he had a big play vs scrubs and we cut him.

I know, but I just don't see how we're going to have any type of pass rush this year. At least he showed SOMETHING, which nobody else has. Lawson (our pass rush solution) looks clueless out there.
Originally posted by SoCal9er:
Arizona cut TE Leonard Pope. Would he be a good 3rd/blocking TE?

no
  • dj43
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
So we have 5 safeties, 9 linebackers and 7 d-lineman (a lot for a 3-4 team). Kinda odd and than we only have two true RB's and 2 tight ends.... Hmmm

Again, shows true lack of faith in who we have.

I only see 4 safeties. Am I missing anybody?

M. Lewis, Goldson, Roman, Smith.

Curtis Taylor
Mitchell? Wasn't he the one with a sack and forced fumble? He gets cut? Wow, our pass rush is going to be amazing this year.

I know, but I just don't see how we're going to have any type of pass rush this year. At least he showed SOMETHING, which nobody else has. Lawson (our pass rush solution) looks clueless out there.

You can't award active roster spots to some random guy who made one play out of dozens, most of which he did nothing AT BEST. Again, he showed something against nobodies. It's not like he can't end up on our PS anyway...did you preorder his jersey or something?
I am looking at cuts by other teams and Dominic Rhodes RB was cut I could see the Bears picking him up.

Sad to see Sheets cut, IMO is calculated risk yes did well but still undrafted FA could sneak through waivers and placed on PS. Hard to get rid of Robinson considering his contribution to special teams and can be part of the Taser.

My PS predictions:
Sheets
Boone
Finley or Pascoe
Zeigler
Miller
i think we will pick up some guys and the roster will be shaken up, nothing final yet imo
not too happy with the cuts! i just hope we find some gems and shore up the o-line and pass rush.
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
By my count we have 52 players....

no 53, i forgot Taylor and McDonald, my bad again.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Man, we only have 3 OT on the team.

• B650
  • Veteran
Originally posted by showtime49:

You can't award active roster spots to some random guy who made one play out of dozens, most of which he did nothing AT BEST. Again, he showed something against nobodies. It's not like he can't end up on our PS anyway...did you preorder his jersey or something?

No I didn't preorder his jersey. I'm not one to get all excited over one player due to a couple plays here and there, especially not in the preseason. I like Nate Davis a lot, but I understand it's preseason and he's going against backups. I was just surprised he was cut, considering that's basically the only sack we've had all preseason.
im furious we cut sheets...... he is gonna be soo good man........
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
we kept 53 i beleive, i forgot Taylor, my bad, slap me, spank me, just dont kill me, lol.

And you had Walt Harris on the list (IR) and forgot MacDonald.

PS: Just kidding. You do a great job with keeping track of all these guys and their salaries. Now if you could straighten out the Crabtree mess. . . .

[ Edited by oldninerdude on Sep 5, 2009 at 15:00:25 ]
We have 23 offensive players, 26 defensive players, and 4 special teamers if I counted correctly.
Both TEs is the only real surprise here. Sims versatility allows them to put Boone on the PS and bring him up once somebody gets injured.

Sheets looked good against third stringers, but so did Clayton. No point in keeping him on the roster because there's not a chance they're going to let him take touches from Gore and Coffee, and he doesn't really excel at anything else.
Share 49ersWebzone