There are 143 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The Roster List (53 Man)

Originally posted by fan49:
im pissed about sheets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STUPID STUPID STUPID!!!

Why not Cut Rossum and have Sheets return Kicks??? I mean WTF? Why not cut Robinson and keep sheets... Sheets is a WAY better pure runner than Robinson...

I just don't get it...
Originally posted by B650:
Mitchell? Wasn't he the one with a sack and forced fumble? He gets cut? Wow, our pass rush is going to be amazing this year.

Oh noes...he had a big play vs scrubs and we cut him.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
I can't believe we cut Sheets when he's better than a ton of players we kept.
Sheets
Originally posted by Carney16:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
absolutely ridiculous that we cut Sheets.

Sheets > Robinson

WTF did we keep Robinson over Sheets! I'm pissed about that decision.
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
So we have 5 safeties, 9 linebackers and 7 d-lineman (a lot for a 3-4 team). Kinda odd and than we only have two true RB's and 2 tight ends.... Hmmm

Again, shows true lack of faith in who we have.

I only see 4 safeties. Am I missing anybody?

M. Lewis, Goldson, Roman, Smith.
By my count we have 52 players....
  • krizay
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 14,925
Originally posted by NinerGM:
MattMaioccoSingletary on Sheets: "He did some nice things, but we wanted to have 53 guys who gave us best opportunity to win."

Then pay Crab his freakin money!


Originally posted by B650:
Mitchell? Wasn't he the one with a sack and forced fumble? He gets cut? Wow, our pass rush is going to be amazing this year.

That was two plays in the 4th preseason game against people that are on the waiver wire right now. That is ALL he's shown. Well, that and him ending up on the ground 7 yards on the wrong side of the ball.
  • crzy
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 39,284
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
MattMaioccoSingletary on Sheets: "He did some nice things, but we wanted to have 53 guys who gave us best opportunity to win."

Then pay Crab his freakin money!



No, f**k that. The Niners better not get into the habit of overpaying unproven rookies.
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
Originally posted by PatrickJira411:
So we have 5 safeties, 9 linebackers and 7 d-lineman (a lot for a 3-4 team). Kinda odd and than we only have two true RB's and 2 tight ends.... Hmmm

Again, shows true lack of faith in who we have.

I only see 4 safeties. Am I missing anybody?

M. Lewis, Goldson, Roman, Smith.

the rookie
Originally posted by Xestenz:
Originally posted by Carney16:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
absolutely ridiculous that we cut Sheets.

Sheets > Robinson

Robinson can play FB and H-back tho, making him more versatile.

I wish we tried sheets on kick offs
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Got to love how everyone jumps to conclusions.


The sky is falling the sky is falling...we cut Kory Sheets!

Do we know why ? No. Until we do we should wait and see what the thinking and rationale is.


Good job overreacting as usual 9er talk!

My guess is that they feel Sheets will get through waivers and onto the practice squad. OTOH, someone with the size and speed of Curtis Taylor will get picked by someone else.

Though I made a sarcastic comment about power running (it isn't very entertaining), I would be truly shocked if the 49ers do not try to get him back on the PS. He did some good things with the ball. However, he did get schooled big time against the Cowboys in blitz pickups and pass protection.
Originally posted by krizay:
Originally posted by NinerGM:
MattMaioccoSingletary on Sheets: "He did some nice things, but we wanted to have 53 guys who gave us best opportunity to win."

Then pay Crab his freakin money!



Sure - $20 mil guaranteed with $8 mil in incentives.
  • B650
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 4,205
Originally posted by KRS-1:
Originally posted by B650:
Mitchell? Wasn't he the one with a sack and forced fumble? He gets cut? Wow, our pass rush is going to be amazing this year.

Oh noes...he had a big play vs scrubs and we cut him.

I know, but I just don't see how we're going to have any type of pass rush this year. At least he showed SOMETHING, which nobody else has. Lawson (our pass rush solution) looks clueless out there.